Google app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does the newest Google app drain the battery more so? Does everyone here use their Google now cards? D rather not disable them because I I love the cards widget and the functionality, I was just wondering.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sarah Ali3

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
News apps, particularly those that update in real-time top the list of the most storage-hungry apps we use. Even Facebook is topping a global list of the most performance-draining Android apps, which considered battery drain, storage consumption and data use.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
News apps, particularly those that update in real-time top the list of the most storage-hungry apps we use. Even Facebook is topping a global list of the most performance-draining Android apps, which considered battery drain, storage consumption and data use.
Well yes, that's true. I mean in general though the Google app is always listed, number one from battery hungry application usage. That's the reason why I was asking. I mean I love my Google now cards just like everyone else does but that figured I'd ask the question regardless.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I've not really noticed a decernable difference since the app updated.
All I've noticed is that the new Google app isn't doing Google results very much unless it's gone much improved as of lately. The ok Google commands seem broken most of the time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I've not really noticed a decernable difference since the app updated.
Hey so just to update you, I will tell the Google Search app for my phone and try this out for the last week and it didn't work, but then I went into the Voice app settings and I turned off the lock screen option and left the option of if the screen is turned on or off I left that option on. That seems to help just to let you know that as well.uploadfromtaptalk1443509796454.jpg

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey so just to update you, I will tell the Google Search app for my phone and try this out for the last week and it didn't work, but then I went into the Voice app settings and I turned off the lock screen option and left the option of if the screen is turned on or off I left that option on. That seems to help just to let you know that as well.View attachment 198928

thanks for posting that screenshot, I never use the Voice features, i just turned off "OK, Google"

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks for posting that screenshot, I never use the Voice features, i just turned off "OK, Google"
Well I'll tell you something, once I figure that out at work last night, the phone got faster and the Google search reacted a lot quicker too.

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The past 2 weeks have seen a phone that could go 24 hours for me reduced to 8. Stupid Google app. I started disabling stuff on the train this morning, and just did a few mentioned here. Great feature, but is suck the battery down WAY too fast. Ill wait and see what 6.0 does. If the sleep feature is as good as they say it is, maybe I will turn some of those cards back on. I love the news feed it gives you.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ceased to use OK Google, since then my battery life is really good.

Like I said, I don't see an option for Google now, and just have ok Google command happening whenever the screen is on or off. It works very well.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ceased to use OK Google, since then my battery life is really good.

I don't know maybe it's just me but the older version of the Google Search app in the Play store before updating it seem to be more responsive to me. What do you think?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know maybe it's just me but the older version of the Google Search app in the Play store before updating it seem to be more responsive to me. What do you think?

Not quite sure, didn't notice that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not quite sure, didn't notice that.

I keep on switching between the two Google search apps in the Play Store I know I have to do my home screens over but I'm testing them both out that's what I feel like it's been so far.