How to enable the cast screen function in Motorola Nexus 6?

A

AC Question

Hi,

When the cast screen is turned on, it does not recognizes any nearby device. Even in the more settings option it does the same. There is no option to search a nearby device. Is there any solution??

Regards
Raaj

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your N6 is connected to the same Wi-Fi network at home that your phone is connected to. Many routers broadcast on both 2.4gHz and 5gHz. If you T.V (for example) is connected to your 5gHz band and your N6 is on your 2.4gHz band, it won;t find any devices. It will only work if they're on the same network, same frequency.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure about that? It shouldnt matter if its connected on 2.4 or 5ghz. Its the same network.
I have 2 different WiFi hot spots at my place and they are on the same network. I can get my devices to work even if one is connected to WiFi A and the other WiFi B. The issue may be if its cast compatible.

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Oops, my bad.

There has been some changes.

Chromecast now works across different SSID's on the same network. It didn't use to, about a year ago.

And my Smart TV, a Sony Bravia, I can use AllCast to cast directly to it no matter which SSID I'm on.

If I try to use the cast feature pulling down from the notifications, it doesn't see my TV, only my Chromecast.

I know there have been some updates to Chromecast and AllCast. I didn't realize that you could now cast over different SSID's.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo