Replacing my Note 4 with a Nexus 6

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
After a couple users with the Note 3 and Note 4, I've decided to sell the Note 4 and get a Nexus 6 for the pretty typical reasons. I'm disappointed with how laggy Touchwiz makes the Note 4 feel and waiting forever for updates.

I've had 3 Nexus phones before the 2 Note and feel pretty excited to be returning to a Nexus phone. I still have my Nexus 5 that I play with once in a while. I love the Nexus 5 still, but I can't live without a phablet sized screen though.

I thought hard about the Nexus 6 vs 6P. Price was really the main factor in choosing the 6. I can get it at almost half the price. And the Nexus 6P is almost 4 months old. So I won't feel so guilty when I upgrade from 6 to the next Nexus phone later in the year.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I think you made a smart move. The 6P didn't excite me, but the Snapdragon 820 sure does! :D

"Snapdragon 820's Adreno 530 GPU is around 40 percent faster than the 810's graphics (making it ideal for VR); it will deliver LTE speeds of up to 600 Mbps and support 802.11ad WiFi; it's significantly more power-efficient; and it'll use machine learning to fight malware right on your device."

How Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 will improve next year's gadgets

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
After a couple users with the Note 3 and Note 4, I've decided to sell the Note 4 and get a Nexus 6 for the pretty typical reasons. I'm disappointed with how laggy Touchwiz makes the Note 4 feel and waiting forever for updates.

I've had 3 Nexus phones before the 2 Note and feel pretty excited to be returning to a Nexus phone. I still have my Nexus 5 that I play with once in a while. I love the Nexus 5 still, but I can't live without a phablet sized screen though.

I thought hard about the Nexus 6 vs 6P. Price was really the main factor in choosing the 6. I can get it at almost half the price. And the Nexus 6P is almost 4 months old. So I won't feel so guilty when I upgrade from 6 to the next Nexus phone later in the year.

I sold my Note 4 and got a Nexus 6..not regretted it at all. My best move to date. Don't go for the smaller 6p screen. Love my nexus 6!

Posted via the Android Central App

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
As someone who sold their Note 4 (which I loved) for a Nexus 6, I have some regret. I would say the biggest thing I miss is the S pen for taking notes on the go and to write stuff when I needed to. Other than that, not too much else. I had issues with really bad feedback with my Note 4 when it calls. I don't have that with the Nexus 6 and I love getting the updates.

I will also admit that I like having the extra things that come on a Samsung Note phone, things that you have to find apps for on the N6. Can't quite give example at the moment, just the extra stuff that Samsung puts on the phone to help you, where on a non-bloated N6, if you want something to do it, you have to search for it through an app. Actually the Camera app I liked much better on the Note 4 with all the extra stuff you can download to help with pictures. On the N6 I hate the native camera app and went with Camera 360 which I really like.

Last thing I don't like about the N6, is I keep missing calls in my pocket. I don't hear the phone ring or if I do and reach in the pocket, it goes directly to Voicemail. I'm not sure if it's because I'm hitting the power button or something, but it's really annoying. On the whole though, much cheaper bills with Project Fi, which I love. Fast updates, nice big screen, and plenty of memory on it for me. So it's a mixed bag for me, leaning more towards liking the N6, but it's my first Nexus and got it at a good reasonable price. I'm waiting to see the Note 6 though when it comes out, will have to see what that has on it, otherwise not sure how long I'll keep this phone.