When i go through the process on this website everything seems to be going as planned when trying to sideload Marshmallow on my Nexus 6 till the last step when i get the Error listed above. The Nexus 6 is factory unlocked running build number LYZ28M. The only reason that I am trying to sideload the update is I cant get it OTA even though it was released back in October 2015 my phone say it is up to date each time I check. I have downloaded the android studio and installed the updates, Minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1, and the latest_usb_drive_windows.
    02-07-2016 04:17 PM
    Will move to Nexus 6 forums.

What carrier do you have?

Mav.
    02-07-2016 06:14 PM
    What is the name of the file you are trying to sideload? Remember that OTAs file are specifically built to take your device from one specific build to another specific build.

If you are loading the right OTA file, try to wipe your cache partition before doing that. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9293
    02-08-2016 07:44 AM
    My current carrier is AT&T but I bought the phone used and I don't know the carrier of the previous owner.
    02-08-2016 01:13 PM
    I checked out the build number on my phone and downloaded the update what said I was for my build number. I will try the wipe cache partition when I get the chance and let you know.
    02-08-2016 01:15 PM
    I checked out the build number on my phone and downloaded the update what said I was for my build number. I will try the wipe cache partition when I get the chance and let you know.
    What was the exact filename? and where did you download it from?
    02-08-2016 02:30 PM
    24a7b275b108deb785e2633a7127474e97e91fcf.signed-shamu-MRA58K-from-LYZ28M is the file name and it was downloaded from android central
    02-08-2016 03:07 PM
    I tried wiping my cache partition and resideloading the update and still no luck. same problem "error: no devices found"
    02-08-2016 03:15 PM
    It almost sounds like your drivers are corrupt. Go into bootloader and see if fastboot works (try "fastboot devices" command without quotes). Or, look in device manager to see if it shows a yellow exclamation mark next to your phone.

If that's the case, you'll need to remove the corrupt drivers, and then reinstall the drivers.
    02-09-2016 07:22 AM
    I tried in the bootloader to type "fastboot device" and all i get is <wait for device>. I checked out the device manager and there is no yellow exclamation mark next to the phone but i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it anyway. After all of that i tried the side load again with the same result as before.
    02-09-2016 03:12 PM
    if you are not getting the serial number back (for fastboot devices), your driver is likely not installed right. (you have USB debugging enabled in dev options, right?)

What does it show up in device manager as?
    Try these drivers - Google USB Driver | Android Developers (for me, the generic drivers that Windows installed, worked)
    02-09-2016 04:07 PM
    I do have USB debugging enabled and OEM unlocking. When I type "adb devices" in the fast boot command prompt it does return with a serial number that matched my device as long as my device is booted under normal boot procedures. Under device manager my device is listed as "Android device" then "Android composite ADB interface". The procedure you listed for the driver looks like the process i originally went through to get the driver.
    02-09-2016 09:01 PM
    I do have USB debugging enabled and OEM unlocking. When I type "adb devices" in the fast boot command prompt it does return with a serial number that matched my device as long as my device is booted under normal boot procedures. Under device manager my device is listed as "Android device" then "Android composite ADB interface". The procedure you listed for the driver looks like the process i originally went through to get the driver.
    Did you try "fastboot devices" in bootloader?
    Generally, "<waiting for device...>" means that the phone is not yet in bootloader, but is instead booted into something else.
    Fastboot only works in bootloader
    02-10-2016 12:08 AM
    I tried the "fastboot devices" while my phone was in bootloader and it does list my serial number and next to it, it says fastboot.
    02-10-2016 05:07 PM
    ok - that means that your drivers are ok.
    If wiping the cache partition didn't help, my guess is that your phone's system partition (or one of the other partitions) is not stock. OTA cannot be applied to a non-stock device. You'll likely have to flash the factory images. Is your bootloader unlocked? (from complete power off, right when you turn it on, do you see a lock symbol at the bottom of the screen - below the word Google?)
    02-10-2016 08:38 PM
    I do not see a lock symbol at the bottom of the screen during a normal boot up but when I boot into bootloader it does say "Device is locked. Status Code: 2". Does that still mean the device bootloader is unlocked?
    02-11-2016 05:21 AM
    I think status code 2 means that it was locked after being unlocked. (0 is never unlocked, 3 is unlocked)
    Where did you buy the phone from? Was it refurb/used? Since you got it, did you ever get (and successfully apply) any OTA?

Edit: let's take a step back. Are you still getting the "Error: device '(null)' not found" message when you try to ADB sideload? How are you trying to perform the sideload? As a refresher, here's how you do a sideload
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...65&postcount=3
    Before this, you should have enabled USB debugging in android settings, and enable USB debugging (if prompted) when you connect your phone to your computer
    02-11-2016 07:40 AM
    I did buy the phone used from a third party so I do not know what he did with it while he owned it he did not list that he has unlocked it then relocked the phone. I have not had the phone very long so this is my first attempt at side loading an OTA. I am still getting the same Error when I try the side load. The steps that you have included are the same as the steps that I have performed and I have enableded USB debugging and enable it again on my phone when prompted at the first connection to my computer. Any further help would be appreciated or if my only option is to unlock my bootloader and load the factory image I would like to know that as well.
    02-12-2016 06:05 AM
    When your phone is booted up, you get back your phone's serial# when you use ADB devices, but at the same time, if you try the ADB sdeload, it tells you that device not found? That's weird

Unlocking your Bootloader, and flashing factory images will almost certainly get you updated, but you shouldn't have to do that. ADB sideload works just fine. I'm confused about why ADB devices works, but ADB sideload doesn't.

Here's how to flash factory images - http://androidforums.com/threads/gui...nually.706533/ - in Step 3, make sure you get the latest build - not the one listed on that post
    02-12-2016 08:35 AM
    Thanks for all the assistance I would prefer not to wipe my whole phone but it does not seem like I will get the update any other way. The phone companies and Google keep saying its coming but it was released back in October I doubt it is actually still coming. That would be the longest batch release ever.
    02-13-2016 06:41 AM
    Yeah, something is odd. T-Mo and AT&T have both released the updates (a while ago). While it is possible that it is still in queue, it is unlikely.
    02-13-2016 12:00 PM
    I think status code 2 means that it was locked after being unlocked. (0 is never unlocked, 3 is unlocked)
    Where did you buy the phone from? Was it refurb/used? Since you got it, did you ever get (and successfully apply) any OTA?

Edit: let's take a step back. Are you still getting the "Error: device '(null)' not found" message when you try to ADB sideload? How are you trying to perform the sideload? As a refresher, here's how you do a sideload
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...65&postcount=3
    Before this, you should have enabled USB debugging in android settings, and enable USB debugging (if prompted) when you connect your phone to your computer
    For Nexus 6, there's only code 2 and code 3, 2 is for locked and 3 is for unlocked

I had the battery expanding issue with my phone a while ago, and it was unlocked. I had gotten it through Verizon so I needed to relock the bootloader but I was freaking out cause it retained the "code 2" after fastboot OEM lock. I looked it up online, and all Nexus 6 phones come with code 2 out of the box. When I turned the phone in, they accepted, and my replacement had status code 2.

There isn't any hardware switch that will lead to a permanent unlock sign, unlike the newer nexii.

Posted via my smexy Nexus 6
    02-16-2016 03:19 PM
    Try to change your USB cable, I was get the same problem too, but then I change the USB cable with new USB cable. Sukses upgrade via adb sideload 100 % ....
    bplewis24 likes this.
    05-24-2016 02:08 AM
    Try to change your USB cable, I was get the same problem too, but then I change the USB cable with new USB cable. Sukses upgrade via adb sideload 100 % ....
    You are the man! I couldn't find any suggestions for the issue I was having which was accurately described in this thread. I switched USB cables to one from my car and it worked!
    09-10-2016 11:52 AM