Should I bother sending in for camera repair?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Since purchased (Nov 2015), the camera on my Nexus 6 has been laggy, and crashes somewhat frequently. Decided to talk to Motorola's chat support today, and since I've already done a factory reset before without improvement, they recommended sending to them for repair. Seems like I've seen quite a few people with camera problems, and I don't want to go through the expense and/or hassle of sending it in only to have no improvement, or worse have it replaced with a less than perfect refurb unit (I've taken very good care of mine, it's mint.)

Thoughts? Anyone have good experience sending in? Other things I should try with my camera problems?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since purchased (Nov 2015), the camera on my Nexus 6 has been laggy, and crashes somewhat frequently. Decided to talk to Motorola's chat support today, and since I've already done a factory reset before without improvement, they recommended sending to them for repair. Seems like I've seen quite a few people with camera problems, and I don't want to go through the expense and/or hassle of sending it in only to have no improvement, or worse have it replaced with a less than perfect refurb unit (I've taken very good care of mine, it's mint.)

Thoughts? Anyone have good experience sending in? Other things I should try with my camera problems?

If it's under warranty, and you find you are using your camera a lot. Then I would say go for it. The condition of the phone is documented when you send it off. And even if you end up getting a refurb, I have never seen a refurb anything but pristine condition.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If it's under warranty, and you find you are using your camera a lot. Then I would say go for it. The condition of the phone is documented when you send it off. And even if you end up getting a refurb, I have never seen a refurb anything but pristine condition.

That's good to hear. Fortunately I have a backup phone if I do send it in.

Most of the time the camera is just really slow to open, and then when it does start working, it'll lag badly. I'd guess 10-20 seconds until I can use the camera is common. Of course right now I try it and it opens reasonably quickly & doesn't lag... makes me wonder if it's not just a software thing. Last week I went on a trip where I took my old Droid MAXX with me out of the country, in case of loss or theft, and was really happy with the speed of the camera on the MAXX. The Nexus should blow it out of the water in every category (except battery), so it's really frustrating to have the camera sometimes almost unusable. I had to reboot the phone twice about a month ago on a trip to the zoo, when the whole phone would lock up trying to use the camera. Maybe a heat issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis