Happy to be back with a reliable Nexus 6

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
After est-driving a Blackberry Priv and an LG V10, I opted for the ill-fated Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (Verizon). Now that the replacement Note 7's have been declared as possible unsafe - - enough is enough.

Verizon will accept my Note 7 for refund. This morning I was happy when they reactivated my Nexus 6.

Even happier since the Android 7.0 update was installed just one hour ago.

Moral of the story - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Chasing the allegedly better mousetrap can be a fool's errand every so often.

Wouldn't want to be the CEO at Samsung right about now!

Good to be home!

Fred

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Not a bit, being candid. I used a Blackberry (various models) for almost a decade at work. The Android-based Priv proved disappointing. Its physical keyboard is literally microscopic in size. And, the device is bulky and somewhat awkward.

The 6" screen of the N6 was my original attraction to the device. Once I rooted thus enabling the notification LED (via Light Flow) I found myself pleased with the handset.

I am eager to handle the upcoming Pixel once Verizon has floor models to fiddle with. Again, my hesitancy will be the downsizing of the display screen.

Fred

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
After est-driving a Blackberry Priv and an LG V10, I opted for the ill-fated Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (Verizon). Now that the replacement Note 7's have been declared as possible unsafe - - enough is enough.

Verizon will accept my Note 7 for refund. This morning I was happy when they reactivated my Nexus 6.

Even happier since the Android 7.0 update was installed just one hour ago.

Moral of the story - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Chasing the allegedly better mousetrap can be a fool's errand every so often.

Wouldn't want to be the CEO at Samsung right about now!

Good to be home!

Fred
That's changing of quiet a few phones. I would also love the now 7 if not for the battery problems. But how about the V10? How was your experience with it? Seems to have a good camera.

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The camera is, in fact, quite good. It simply didn't meet my personal needs.

Now that my Note 7 is back with Verizon and I have an upgrade available, I intend to peruse the LG V20 when it hits the shelves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez