Moving on from the Nexus 6. Pre-ordered a Galaxy S8+. Don't hate.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well it's been a good 2.5 years.

I got the Nexus 6 on Day One and have been rocking it with no problems ever since.
Of course, I was due an upgrade, so I am going to try out the GS8+.
It is bigger than the N6, which I like, and there is alot of good being said about it.

I reserve the right to change my mind, but for now, we'll see how it goes.

If I stick to the GS8+, my rooted Nexus 6 will be available for sale, if anyone is interested....

Mav. :cool:

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Great devices, but I can't stand Samsung menus and extra software that I don't want. Original Note was one of my favorite devices, but even then on later major updates it became a little too much TouchWiz for me. If you notice I like wider phones, mostly for easy two thumb typing, but good luck if you want to use one handed. That is why I am hoping this tall phone thing doesn't take off. Also I like shorter height to fit my front pocket when sitting. Despite that, I am seriously considering the G6, though have some concerns about the camera as I often use in lower light or high contrast situations. If G6 doesn't work out I will be really hoping that Pixel 2 XL is more impressive than the first pixels.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I played with the S8+ at Best Buy today and wasn't thrilled. Coming from the N6, the screen on the S8+ felt smaller. The display is much taller, but because it's so narrow it just doesn't look like a big immersive screen to my eye.

I was hoping to like the new Galaxy since my Nexus is starting to fade, but now maybe back to the drawing board...

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I held a GS8 today, not the + , have to say it felt very small in my ✋, it felt really weird to have a device so narrow in width. I would have to hold a + but no way I would go with the 8.

My daily phone has been a Note 5 for the last 8 months with the N6 as backup and for home use

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Got the S8Plus in my hands and I love it.
Looks like it's a keeper.

Mav.

I hear ya. If the S8 could run stock android, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I absolutely love the screen on it. But at this point, I'm probably going to wait and see what the OnePlus 4/5 brings. It's going to run like greased lightning on steroids. The SD835 with 6gb of RAM running an optimized OS like Oxygen is going to be hard to beat for speed.

But anyway, enjoy your new toy and rock on.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well. Finally held both the S8 and the S8+ and I will stick with my N6 a bit longer. The S8 felt too small and not liking the skinniness and the tallness of the S8+. Maybe the Note 8 will be the one. Or there is always the chance of picking up a refurbished Note 7.

Russell_Sims

May 15, 2017
Visit site

I got the Nexus 6 on Day One and have been rocking it with no problems ever since.
It is bigger than the N6, which I like, and there is alot of good being said about it.

If I stick to the GS8+, my rooted Nexus 6 will be available for sale, if anyone is interested....

Well, the specs is better and you probably make the right move.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

My wife just got one (the smaller one) and we're in the process of setting it up. Do you have any specific recommendations or advice for someone coming from stock? (For example, we're just getting around the always on display, but I much prefer the way it is implemented on the Nexus, by pulsating only when you grab it or have a notification.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez