Most rugged and protective case?

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I plan on buying an N7 for a 7-year old and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for a really rugged case along with a screen protector. Looking for max protection against drops and don't really care how bulky it is. Also, for screen protection, is there a tempered glass screen protector that you guys would recommend?

Price is somewhat of a factor.

Last edited:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Protective case and screen protector for kids?

I'd recommend a 2 piece case similar to an OtterBox Commuter. While they don't make one for the N7, a search on eBay or Amazon will probably turn something up. The Commuter has a hard plastic outer shell that's textured for better grip, and between the outer shell and the device is a silicone cushion. Believe me I've dropped my phone while in a commuter case many times and it just bounces.

I don't have recommendations for a screen protector though. I just buy multi-packs of the cheap vinyl ones off ebay. they're cheap and if it gets damaged it's easy to take it off and put on another. Not what I'd recommend for your situation, but it is an option.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Protective case and screen protector for kids?

I'd recommend a 2 piece case similar to an OtterBox Commuter. While they don't make one for the N7, a search on eBay or Amazon will probably turn something up. The Commuter has a hard plastic outer shell that's textured for better grip, and between the outer shell and the device is a silicone cushion. Believe me I've dropped my phone while in a commuter case many times and it just bounces.

I don't have recommendations for a screen protector though. I just buy multi-packs of the cheap vinyl ones off ebay. they're cheap and if it gets damaged it's easy to take it off and put on another. Not what I'd recommend for your situation, but it is an option.

I couldn't find any Otterbox cases for the 2013 N7, just the 1st gen. The two I've found so far are the Poetic Revolution and Gumdrop Drop Tech which both have built-in screen protectors.

Amazon.com: Poetic REVOLUTION Case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Google 2013 Nexus 7 2nd Generation Case Black Black | eBay