Gamestop preorders

ShadowAsylum

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I know that my Gamestop has only had 2 pre-orders, at least when I went there yesterday they did. I was only 1 of the 2. I was part of "Wave 2" where as the other person, who is a manager there was "Wave 1." I don't know if it's just because there's only 2, or what, but both mine and his are sitting at the local Gamestop just waiting to be sold to us.

ShadowAsylum

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
No real idea. Could be two waves, since my Gamestop only had 2 pre-orders, maybe they just shipped mine with his. I'm not entirely sure on how it's been set up.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
What i would like to know is how will they know when to do it i mean i read other forums that gamestop called em and told em to pick em up tommorow like wtf

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I just did a preorder tonight at Gamestop. I called 3 stores and they all said they didn't have any...at the store or backroom..

I figured what the heck... I would pre-order tonight and hopefully see something Sunday. They didn't seem to have pre-ordered any others..

Plus tomorrow starts the Ipod plus 50% credit deal. Makes it $50 bucks for a 5 year old Nano

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I know in the past Gamestop didn't get something without a pre-order but would get several for a single pre-order. It's the way their system judged viability. They assume for every pre-order there will be 2 who walk in. With no pre-orders the system assumes that the store volume or location doesn't merit said content. That goes for hardware (and toys when they decide to carry something again) but also some games. My closest store wasn't on the "tablet list" which is stores that carry hardware. There is one in driving distance but I chose the one I work near partly to give them credit and partly to tell GS that they need to re-evaluate which store gets what.

I'm out of my depth beyond that. I know with toys if one was ordered a case would arrive. The Nexus is obviously a different situation from that.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I was at Gamestop here around Detroit and they told me they got a notice and a posting on their computer Next shipments not until September

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
It went from July 31... to Aug 7... to now they are saying September 30th.

But the receipt just says TBD.

So if my store has an extra I will get it soon(once google releases them) If they dont...Then maybe next week... Maybe October...

I know though since they are stopping pre-orders... they either know sales will start in the next few days.... or back to the Sept 30th deal.

But Sept 30th just doesnt make sense....

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sept 30 only makes sense if Google has already promised a butt load to other vendors. GS said they were over their limit so it's possible, but even then I think it's wrong. GS always gives exaggerated times. There's no way Google is going to effectively take this thing off the market that long. It would kill the momentum.

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
When I placed my preorder on the 9th they told me I would be part of the second wave (8/7). Which my receipt also shows.They did say that if they received more they would contact people from the second wave. Another member here said the priority list is based on date/time of the preorder.

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not waiting for Sept 30 to get my Nexus 7 from Gamestop. If that BS date is true I am saying screw you Google and Gamestop and get my crap I traded in back!!

Sentbfrom my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

evilsaywhat

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Today is the last day for wave 2. Wave 3 preorders start tomorrow. All 3-5 members of management at stores in my area have had to email confirmation to their district managers that they are 100% aware the tablets are not to be sold until further notice.

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
How long is further notice?? I also preordered from GS and they told me its in the store but can't release because of Google. This is some BS!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I think that's bs! Are they going to wait till all pre orders by google play are ship out before they release my preorder from GS 7/2? I was promised by GS no later then the 30th of this month.

evilsaywhat

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm upset too. I ordered mine from Google Play the first day, and then found out the following day that GS would be selling it, so I cancelled and ordered it from work. Now it just mocks me in the back room when it sees me at open, or before I leave at close.

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I could of had mine today if it wasn't for Google screwing up there shipping. They owe me a freaking free CASE!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk