Did Google lie to me?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So I was running out of patience with my June 29 preorder and no action regarding status. I stopped in at Sams Club and they had a pile of 16Gig Nexii. So I bought one, went home and called Google to cancel After 45 minutes on hold I talked to the rep. He went through his script saying he can't say when the tab would be shipped before I could say the word "Cancel". When I finally DID say cancel, he said oh, we can't do THAT! Your tab is prepped for shipment and will be in your hands, probably by this Thursday! Day after tomorrow that is. Yeah, right. I sincerely doubt it. Why did you just say you cant tell me when I'd get it, why is my Wallet order record not updated beyond yeah, I placed the order, and why do I not have shipping notification. Lying hosers.

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So I was running out of patience with my June 29 preorder and no action regarding status. I stopped in at Sams Club and they had a pile of 16Gig Nexii. So I bought one, went home and called Google to cancel After 45 minutes on hold I talked to the rep. He went through his script saying he can't say when the tab would be shipped before I could say the word "Cancel". When I finally DID say cancel, he said oh, we can't do THAT! Your tab is prepped for shipment and will be in your hands, probably by this Thursday! Day after tomorrow that is. Yeah, right. I sincerely doubt it. Why did you just say you cant tell me when I'd get it, why is my Wallet order record not updated beyond yeah, I placed the order, and why do I not have shipping notification. Lying hosers.

You could just decline the delivery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I just sent them: (I'm getting the same runaround)

Google -

I ordered my Nexus 7 on the 27th of June, at approximately 9:30 AM PST while the introductory presentation was still going on. Suffice it to say, I committed to buy this product from you before it had even been fully introduced and before the Play Store link was even permanently live. I am an extremely loyal Google fan and customer, and want nothing more than to continue this loyalty and use the Android OS and Google ecosystem for years to come.

Since placing my order, I have been through an extremely frustrating set of circumstances. Firstly, I have received no communications from Google since the initial email confirming my order on the 27th of June. My Google Wallet receipt has remained unchanged, and I have received no shipping information regarding the order. Since the 27th, my credit card has displayed "pending" charges twice, both of which have disappeared after a few days.

I have contacted the Play Store and remained patiently on hold for over an hour on multiple occasions to try and ascertain what is wrong with my order. Considering I was among the very first group of individuals to commit to buying the Nexus 7, and that customers who placed their orders almost 2 weeks after me have already received their orders, I was simply trying to determine the status of my order.

Unfortunately, throughout several phone calls I have repeatedly been told contradictory information from those assisting me, including:

- I would have shipping information by Friday, the 13th.
- My tablet had shipped prior to Friday, the 13th.
- I would have shipping information by the end of the day Monday, the 16th.
- My tablet would ship on Monday, the 16th.
- My tablet had not shipped yet on Tuesday, the 17th.
- My tablet had likely shipped on Tuesday, the 17th.
- My tablet had a chance to be delivered on Tuesday, the 17th.
- My account was "chargeable."
- My account was "post-chargeable."
- My account had been "charged."
- The 2-3 week shipping statement was a "goal" and wouldn't necessarily be met.
- My tablet hadn't been charged, hadn't shipped, hand't had a shipping label generated, but couldn't be cancelled because the order was "too far in" such that its status was "in limbo."

I wanted to buy this tablet directly from Google because I want to be a loyal customer and figured this was the most reliable method to get the product. Unfortunately, to this point I only feel that I have been given the "run around" by anyone I have spoken to regarding the mystery surrounding my order.

I want to be loyal to Google and the Android brand. I want to be able to tell people Google treated me well throughout this order. Unfortunately, Google is making it extremely difficult for me to be able to do so.

TheTechGuy

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
You could just decline the delivery.
That's what you should do so you get a full refund. Like you I went to Staples today and picked one up. Thanks to a member here, he clued me in that when I get a tracking number from google I can go on UPS.com and refuse delivery. No muss no fuss at that point you should get your refund without anymore hassle (we hope).

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
ManBearPig618 I feel ya I am in the exact same situation almost verbatim only the money is gone fully charged and has been since Friday. Oh and the only staples near me is 100 miles away.

Now to Google send me a free Nexus Q and we will call us even.

One can wish, right?

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Android Central Forums

VirtualCLD

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I doubt this will appease most people, but I just received this:

We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We?ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we?ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one from Play on Monday 16th July about 7:45am. It arrived Tuesday before 4pm.

Well, THAT makes me feel better. You ordered weeks after I did, and got it before me and lots of others who ordered long ago. Wth is wrong with Google anyway? For what usually seems to be the company that technically has it together the most, they sure are screwing the pooch on this one.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Have to remember unless u declined. Your Google account is already assigned to that tablet you order. All u do is boot up enter password and done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Have to remember unless u declined. Your Google account is already assigned to that tablet you order. All u do is boot up enter password and done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I bought one from Sams and putting it on my account was mindlessly simple - like any Android device. That's really not added value.

pete_lockwood

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, THAT makes me feel better.

I didn't realize the thread title was "please make me feel better", I thought it was "did Google lie to me" and I thought my experience might help you answer that question.

If you want to feel better, mine has the flickering screen issue.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize the thread title was "please make me feel better", I thought it was "did Google lie to me" and I thought my experience might help you answer that question.

And the first one I bought from Sams had the illumination screwed up. So I'm on number 2 in 24 hours.

And your post simply proves is that Google isn't handling this release in a way that anyone would expect them to.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I don't wish anything bad for anyone who received their N7 before me but, it is frustrating to here someone receiving theirs like you did. I ordered on 6/28 and for you to have yours now after ordering Monday is crazy. I may get mine Friday at the earliest. You must have ordered a 8GB one.

Last edited:

ca_jordan

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
...When I finally DID say cancel, he said oh, we can't do THAT!

They possibly DID lie to you, at least about their ability to cancel an order. My story:

7/3: Ordered 16 GB from GP
7/12: Sent email to GP asking about shipping status
7/14: Bought one @ Sams and shocked that we found one!
7/14: Called GP and asked to cancel (they say they can't)
7/16: Called again asking to cancel (same response)
7/17: Received a email response from GP to my 7/12 email indicating it would ship soon. I replied and asked to cancel the order. Within 60 seconds I get a reply saying they will cancel the order and another email saying my order was cancelled.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
\
7/17: Received a email response from GP to my 7/12 email indicating it would ship soon. I replied and asked to cancel the order. Within 60 seconds I get a reply saying they will cancel the order and another email saying my order was cancelled.

Hmmm. Let me try that....

sweet baboo

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Still no word on my July 1 order, so i called Staples and a store nearby has 3 available. I don't really want to pay twice and deal with UPS etc, but screw it, I'm tired of poor service. I was on hold with Staples today for maybe 15 seconds, while yesterday Google kept me on the line for over an hour only to give me the run around. Granted they are dealing with a high call volume, but they can always hire more CS reps if it means keeping their most eager customers happy. Maybe they should stick to techy, geeky stuff; communication and customer service don't seem to be strong suits for this company.

Anyway, to Staples!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana