Problems with Rotating

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It seems my Nexus 7 has problems registering that I've rotated from portrait to landscape or vice versa. This happens in pretty much all apps. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am running Nova Launcher Prime. Could that be causing problems?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Make sure rotation isn't locked in the notification pulldown. It's the icon with either two arrows or a lock and a rectangle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Make sure rotation isn't locked in the notification pulldown. It's the icon with either two arrows or a lock and a rectangle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's always been unlocked. It will eventually rotate but it takes a really long time to recognize that I've changed orientations. For some reason I'm thinking Nova Prime could be the culprit but I'm not positive and was hoping someone else was having the same experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I get around it by tilting the screen towards the ground seems to get it to rotate consistently.

Thanks I'll have to try that. What I find odd is that most of the time it rotates when I put it in landscape upside-down (so the power and volume rockers are on the bottom) but refuses to rotate the first time if I put it the right way in landscape. Is this a problem with the hardware?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I had to install Screen Rotator to get it to rotate, without it nothing rotated but with it everything including the desktop rotates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty