Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Would like to know if there is a way to close "other" tabs similar to desktop Chrome. Every time I open it on the N7, I have every tab I've ever opened. TIA

I've been wondering the same thing! The only way to do this appears to be to close each one manually.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vgjfelix

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
A tip video today on how to connect a bluetooth device (in this case, a mouse) to your Nexus 7:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOde3NQkRwg[/YT]

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A tip video today on how to connect a bluetooth device (in this case, a mouse) to your Nexus 7:

Click to view quoted video

First off, I want to thank you for these wonderful videos, thanks for taking the time to produce these very helpful tips. A picture is worth a million words in these cases.

A new challenge if you choose to pursue it...

I have added folders to my task bar or whatever it is called in the Android world (the bottom Icon bar that stays on all home screens). On my Droid 4 that just upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich this weekend, I have added folders to this area and the Labels I put one these folders display below the Icon. On my Nexus 7 they don't. Is there something I can set to have these display? It's not a biggy, I know what they are, but why has this been lost (or hidden) with the newest, greatest release?

If anyone else has a cure, please chime in. And send your thanks to vgjfelix for all of his work on these videos.

Last edited:

ryanb4614

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
When I try to watch streaming videos I get s plugin needed message divx and I have done the flash steps for firefox browser but divx don't play.... any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jet_silver

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
<b>chuckr01, if you're just trying to change the name arrowed, tap on it (it is a little difficult to tap on it) and you should get a keyboard right there.
folder_name.jpg

poida68

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
This might sound like a thick question but....Ive got my nexus 7 with mobo player,doubletwist
and a wdtv live on my tv.i cannot for the life of me get the movies on the 7 to play on the tv.What the hell am I doing wrong.If this is in the wrong thread I apologise.Its late....:)

Inishatr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Activate Google Now: simply hold any of the bottom menu buttons (Back, Home or Multitask) and then slide your finger to the top of the circle toward the Google logo.
Another way to quickly activate Google Now is from the lock screen. Instead of sliding the center icon to the unlock icon, just slide it to the Google icon and you'll immediately go into Google Now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gadgetman#CB

gkisinger

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't seen the YouTube Tips and Tricks yet, then type "Google Nexus 7 - Basics" into the You Tube search engine and you'll see #1 through #15 videos. They are done by an English bloke and provide a great head start towards understanding this tablet. Each video is short, so it won't take long to view them all. Good luck.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
<b>chuckr01, if you're just trying to change the name arrowed, tap on it (it is a little difficult to tap on it) and you should get a keyboard right there. Click to view quoted image

Thanks. I have that working, what I was trying to do is have the labels display on the bottom task bar like they do on my phone and my other tablet, below the folder. They don't appear on the Nexus although the folders work fine.