2 phones, one N7, one VZW hotspot - what's wrong?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I cannot connect my N7 via hotspot to my Rezound which has ICS. I swapped over to my old Thunderbolt (as a test) which does NOT have ICS and have a similar problem there. It hooks up fine and at least the TBolt shows connected whereas I only get to Obtaining IP Address on the Nexus with my Rezound. I drove down the street with the TBolt and the N7 still connected and although it still showed connected I had no Internet.

Seems like I'm down to the problem being either the VZW mobile hotspot, VZW network or the Nexus 7. So, now what? Should I let my TBolt grab the ICS update and see what happens or is that a waste of time? Do I go to the VZW corporate store and see if they can make one of these phones work with my N7 or are they just going to shoo me away telling me it's my N7 or ICS or something other than their equipment or network? Do I have them try it on a phone there?

I just don't know which way to turn anymore.

UPDATE: I disabled the Apex Launcher on my N7 and then tried the TBolt and it worked down the block! I don't have the Apex on the TBolt. I have now disabled it on the Rezound and that didn't help. Created a new hotspot connection and it did not work on the Rezound even at home. It hung up back and forth between Authenticating and Obtaining IP Address. I turned off my N7 and then turned it back on, same issue with the Rezound. I'm now thinking it's the Rezound. Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19