Tablet Talk

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I gave up after three days and too many hours of trying everything.

Uninstalled. Money and time wasted.

Phone is Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.

I love to flash ROMs and this seems to be the easiest way to pair my phone with my N7 after each rom, otherwise it won't connect for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it for a month and love it. Sometimes it will disconnect, and but all you need to do is press connect and it's good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to try this because I am still struggling to connect...:mad:

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So I have been trying to get my N7 to connect to my phone using Tablet Talk. I have tried both wifi and bt. I have read the help section from end to end. There isn't much available on Google as far as help goes. Anyone got any suggestions? I know that wifi can be iffy because of router config, but bt should be pretty straight forward! I'm at a loss. Anyone out there use this app and wanna help out?

I had that issue as well. It was very frustrating....

This is what helped me to configure the BT....

Settings>setup> and changed Port on Tablet and Phone to 8080. Works like a charm now. Make sure u checked checked the Auto-reconnect button too.

Let me know if it works

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue as well. It was very frustrating....

This is what helped me to configure the BT....

Settings>setup> and changed Port on Tablet and Phone to 8080. Works like a charm now. Make sure u checked checked the Auto-reconnect button too.

Let me know if it works

I'll try this ASAP when I get home from work. I completely looked over it possibly being a port issue. I hope this works

Last edited:

mrgdr57

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My N7 with is Bt paired with my smartphone but TT will not connect. Phone (BB Torch 9850) flashes blue LED during attempt to TT connect but then TT times out. WTH? The TT support documentation is useless; starting to think this app was a waste of $3.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My N7 with is Bt paired with my smartphone but TT will not connect. Phone (BB Torch 9850) flashes blue LED during attempt to TT connect but then TT times out. WTH? The TT support documentation is useless; starting to think this app was a waste of $3.

I've had problem getting TT to work with Bluetooth as well, but I was able to get it to work via WiFi. It really is a nice app when it works. Have you tried changing the port to 8080 suggested above?

AaronTT

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am the original creator and main developer of Tablet Talk. Someone emailed about this thread, which prompted me to make this account so that I can offer better support and obtain feedback.

First, mrgdr57: the app is for Android tablets and phones. Please send an email to support@TabletTalkApp.com with the subject "Refund." Either send it from or provide the email address your order is under so that I can locate and take care of it right away!

Next, if you have not done so already, please install the update which was released very early this morning. It will help with the connection problems.

Regarding port: this setting only affects Wifi.

Wifi
If Wifi is not working, then please do the following:
  1. Change the port to 8080 on both devices. It can be found under "Setup."
  2. Under "Setup" on your tablet, enter your phone's IP address. Your phone's IP is displayed inside the phone app ("Phone IP: 192...."). Almost always the app finds your phone automatically; however, sometimes it is unable to. The tablet app keeps track of each network separately, so you should not have to do this every time.

Bluetooth
Sometime when Bluetooth is not working, a simple restart of either the tablet or phone fixes the problem. Once Bluetooth is setup, it should work without any problems. The previous version appeared to be having Bluetooth problems, and this morning's update (1.5.3) should help with these.

If Bluetooth has not yet worked for you, then uninstall and reinstall the app on both devices to get a fresh start.

When the app first opens, it detects whether you are using a phone or tablet. A popup appears asking you to confirm. Make sure that you confirm the correct device type. You can always change the device type in Tablet Talk's settings ("Misc" in phone, "Appearance & Behavior" in tablet). If you are texting from a Galaxy Player linked to a phone, then you will need to tell the app that the Galaxy Player is a "tablet." Also, if your phone is a Galaxy Note, the app might think it's a tablet, so be sure to identify it as a phone.

The standard solution for when Bluetooth setup is not working is to do the following:
  1. Open Android's Bluetooth settings on both devices. If they are already paired, unpair your phone and tablet from each other.
  2. Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on (both devices).
  3. Pair your phone and tablet within Android's Bluetooth settings.
  4. Phone: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button. If it asks you to enable discovery, press accept.
  5. Tablet: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button.

Quick & Automatic Connecting
Once Tablet Talk is setup, connecting can be made much quicker and automatic for future use. Check out the Automatic Settings on both devices for the options. There is also a widget. You can tailor it to your specific needs.

Also, whenever you connect, the app will sync any newly sent or received messages on your phone from the last use.

Example configuration: When you get home from work, simply enable Wifi or Bluetooth on your phone, and then turn on your tablet. The app will take care of the rest. Automatic settings:
  • Tablet: auto start when app opens. Auto enable Wifi or Bluetooth.
  • Phone: auto start when Wifi or Bluetooth is enabled.

I will be subscribed to this thread and try to reply to new posts as often and quickly as possible. You can also email support@TabletTalkApp.com. Feel free to send questions, feature requests, comments, etc. Feedback--good and bad--is always appreciated!

mrgdr57

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response. My apologies for failing to realize that the app was not compatible across bt device platforms (for Android tablets and Android smartphones only). My excitement about finding an app with this potential apparently got the better of my common sense. No disrespect intended or implied toward the developer or the app. Thank you for the clarification, support and the offer of a refund.

[edit] Received an immediate refund from AaronTT - Thank you for excellent customer service!

Last edited:

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am the original creator and main developer of Tablet Talk. Someone emailed about this thread, which prompted me to make this account so that I can offer better support and obtain feedback.

First, mrgdr57: the app is for Android tablets and phones. Please send an email to support@TabletTalkApp.com with the subject "Refund." Either send it from or provide the email address your order is under so that I can locate and take care of it right away!

Next, if you have not done so already, please install the update which was released very early this morning. It will help with the connection problems.

Regarding port: this setting only affects Wifi.

Wifi
If Wifi is not working, then please do the following:
  1. Change the port to 8080 on both devices. It can be found under "Setup."
  2. Under "Setup" on your tablet, enter your phone's IP address. Your phone's IP is displayed inside the phone app ("Phone IP: 192...."). Almost always the app finds your phone automatically; however, sometimes it is unable to. The tablet app keeps track of each network separately, so you should not have to do this every time.

Bluetooth
Sometime when Bluetooth is not working, a simple restart of either the tablet or phone fixes the problem. Once Bluetooth is setup, it should work without any problems. The previous version appeared to be having Bluetooth problems, and this morning's update (1.5.3) should help with these.

If Bluetooth has not yet worked for you, then uninstall and reinstall the app on both devices to get a fresh start.

When the app first opens, it detects whether you are using a phone or tablet. A popup appears asking you to confirm. Make sure that you confirm the correct device type. You can always change the device type in Tablet Talk's settings ("Misc" in phone, "Appearance & Behavior" in tablet). If you are texting from a Galaxy Player linked to a phone, then you will need to tell the app that the Galaxy Player is a "tablet." Also, if your phone is a Galaxy Note, the app might think it's a tablet, so be sure to identify it as a phone.

The standard solution for when Bluetooth setup is not working is to do the following:
  1. Open Android's Bluetooth settings on both devices. If they are already paired, unpair your phone and tablet from each other.
  2. Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on (both devices).
  3. Pair your phone and tablet within Android's Bluetooth settings.
  4. Phone: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button. If it asks you to enable discovery, press accept.
  5. Tablet: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button.

Quick & Automatic Connecting
Once Tablet Talk is setup, connecting can be made much quicker and automatic for future use. Check out the Automatic Settings on both devices for the options. There is also a widget. You can tailor it to your specific needs.

Also, whenever you connect, the app will sync any newly sent or received messages on your phone from the last use.

Example configuration: When you get home from work, simply enable Wifi or Bluetooth on your phone, and then turn on your tablet. The app will take care of the rest. Automatic settings:
  • Tablet: auto start when app opens. Auto enable Wifi or Bluetooth.
  • Phone: auto start when Wifi or Bluetooth is enabled.

I will be subscribed to this thread and try to reply to new posts as often and quickly as possible. You can also email support@TabletTalkApp.com. Feel free to send questions, feature requests, comments, etc. Feedback--good and bad--is always appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to inform an help everyone. Great app.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@AaronTT - thanks for taking the time to reply... also thanks for adding the MMS support - that is a HUGE plus for me!

Question - do you predict any more theme options in the future for the app? Not a deal breaker at all, I am just curious.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
finally an app developer who is out to help its users! I need to get the BT working, but I am satisfied with the WiFi connectibility

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I use this app with my Galaxy Nexus, Transformer 300, and Sony Tablet S. This app is truly perfect and the developer is great and responsive. I absolutely use it every day especially at home and great when traveling. One feature request, can you add a mute button to the dialer pad on the tablet...would be great to be able to mute phone calls when on the tablet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

AaronTT

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
finally an app developer who is out to help its users! I need to get the BT working, but I am satisfied with the WiFi connectibility

After you pair your devices, open Tablet Talk's settings on your tablet. Under "Setup" select "Paired phone" and confirm that you have your phone selected. Once or twice, after nearly giving up, it boiled down to a different paired device being selected by accident.

Does your phone or tablet have a custom ROM or kernel?

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
HI,
I got mine to work and it connects just fine now. I havent had the chance to use mine much yet. I got GO sms pro on my phone does anyone know if it is compatible with tablet talk?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii