transfering game data from N7 to N7

LiJoHu

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
greetings all
I received my N7 on 07/25, I primarily bought one for Minecraft PE(Great game ! )
would like to play the PC version , but a laptop with the requirements to play would set me back at least $1000us , so a tablet just under $200 + $7 for the game itself was a bargain I could not resist
I bought the game immediately after I got the tablet and built myself several worlds so far that have a lot of hours invested in it
here's my problem, the start of screen separation, so I called Google/nexus for a replacement device which I will get within a week of this post , is there a way to transfer specific game data like the worlds I saved from one unit to the other ?
I connected my N7 to my laptop and found the world save data on my tablet device and copied it onto my laptop, so you think if i reversed the process, worlds saved data on pc from original N7device copied onto new N7 would work ? or maybe there's a way to transfer specific data from N7 to N7 ?
any feedback on this matter would greatly be appreciated !

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
greetings all
I received my N7 on 07/25, I primarily bought one for Minecraft PE(Great game ! )
would like to play the PC version , but a laptop with the requirements to play would set me back at least $1000us , so a tablet just under $200 + $7 for the game itself was a bargain I could not resist
I bought the game immediately after I got the tablet and built myself several worlds so far that have a lot of hours invested in it
here's my problem, the start of screen separation, so I called Google/nexus for a replacement device which I will get within a week of this post , is there a way to transfer specific game data like the worlds I saved from one unit to the other ?
I connected my N7 to my laptop and found the world save data on my tablet device and copied it onto my laptop, so you think if i reversed the process, worlds saved data on pc from original N7device copied onto new N7 would work ? or maybe there's a way to transfer specific data from N7 to N7 ?
any feedback on this matter would greatly be appreciated !

Err... unless I'm looking at a different Minecraft, the system requirements are met by pretty much any laptop out there -- a $1,000 would have been ridiculous overkill. That said, the N7 is amazing, more portable than any ultrabook, and you definitely won't regret it.

As to transferring specific game data, I rooted my device yesterday (which involved wiping all data as part of the process when unlocking the bootloader). I'd spent a fair amount of time playing Dark Meadow (amazing game!) and didn't want to lose my saved game, so connected the N7 to the PC, when into the Android folder, and just copied the 'save' files in the game's subfolders to my PC before starting the root process.

After finishing rooting (very, very easy via the stickied guide in the root subforum here), I downloaded the game again and just copied the files back into the corresponding places and was good to go. It's worth noting that initially it didn't work, but after I started a new game to generate a save file, and then replacing that save with the backup, it was fine.

I can't say for certain it would work for you, but it's worth a shot. You may even be able to just copy the entire game folder and then throw it into the new one... but I'm not sure.

{EDIT} Your odds of getting a better educated response are probably higher posting this question in the rooting subforum, as many of the people who frequent that forum are no strangers to wiping/restoring/backing up data.

Reactions: LiJoHu

LiJoHu

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
once I had both devices in front of me(original & replacement N7).
opened up game on original device,registered & downloaded game on replacement device.
opened multi-player local(wifi) game on replacement device,
clicked server(ip) of original device on to replacement device
from that point on its a matter of giving all my inventory of original player to player on replacement device, and then to quit and save on replacement device
repeated that process till all my worlds(10) were on replacement device
quite simple once both devices are in front of you, slightly embarrassed I did not figure that out beforehand

hope it helps others who needs to transfer world from N7 to N7

also posted in "Nexus 7 Rooting, Roms and Hacks"
if solution above don't help then this link from advice on there may help you

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...a-transferring-there-way-without-rooting.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana