Nexus 7 Screen washout and ghosting

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
OK so I have had my Nexus 7 since release been loving everything about it. I charge it up turn it on one day and bam, the screen is terribly washed out. Tried everything from factory reset to rebooting. Also after around 10 minutes of use it slowly gets back to normal but never fully back. Switching between pages also leaves annoying ghosting. Does anyone know of a fix for this or do I need to go through the annoying warranty process?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
OK so I have had my Nexus 7 since release been loving everything about it. I charge it up turn it on one day and bam, the screen is terribly washed out. Tried everything from factory reset to rebooting. Also after around 10 minutes of use it slowly gets back to normal but never fully back. Switching between pages also leaves annoying ghosting. Does anyone know of a fix for this or do I need to go through the annoying warranty process?

Sounds like you have one of the defective tablets from the first run if you had it since release. There were more problems with it then than now, new product and all. You'll probably have to RMA it.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have one of the defective tablets from the first run if you had it since release. There were more problems with it then than now, new product and all. You'll probably have to RMA it.

That is not what I was hoping to hear