Auto Rotate not working

gen2010

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, it finally happened. I was the first person in my city to buy a Nexus 7. Since July 13th I have loved this device with absolutely no problems, none, zero, zilch. Until yesterday afternoon. I went to watch a video on you tube and noticed it wouldn't go into landscape mode, no matter what. If I played a game in landscape mode, when I exited the game the homescreen would be stuck in landscape mode.Auto rotate dead. Yes I checked if the auto rotate button was checked, rebooted 3 times to no avail. I spoke to Google and long story short, had to do a factory reboot. It didn't work. I was told by Google I would have to deal with ASUS. After trying for 2 days I got through to a person in Jamaica who made an RMA report for a warranty repair. After jumping through hoops with them I went to the local post office and spent $16 to send it to the opposite coast to be repaired. I am so sad. I already miss my N7. I read on the internet this is a fairly common problem. I just hope my N7 comes back in one piece and in working order. So to all the people who have had trouble, I feel your pain.:(

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Were you on 4.1.2? It wasn't implemented until then.

Also if you were rooted, you could of manually added a line of code to allow home screen rotation.