anyone with nexus 7 8 gb feel dooped with 16 gb replacement!?

Cast1

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Always supported Google products however I bought a nexus at the end of august. I wanted to support its flagship device- not sure it was a great idea because a month later the 16 GB model drops to 199 and I'm stuck with the 8 gb that I bought because I thought at that price point was awsome. Guess I'm being punished for supporting Google to Earlie' . And forget contacting them its impossible. I think the should do a buy back like best buy. I don't think I'll be supporting Google so quickly anymore

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So it was awesome then, but now it's somehow not? You knew what you were buying, and decided it was worth it. Are manufacturers not allowed to advance their products?

canesknights

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I still like my 8 GB N7. IMO, it's still more than worth $200. Yes, I could have waited until now and had a 16GB N7 for the same price, but then I'd have missed out on all the fun I've had with it so far. To me, that's worth more than an extra 8GB that I'm not using anyway.

nighttrain56

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I still like my 8 GB N7. IMO, it's still more than worth $200. Yes, I could have waited until now and had a 16GB N7 for the same price, but then I'd have missed out on all the fun I've had with it so far. To me, that's worth more than an extra 8GB that I'm not using anyway.

+ my $25 play store credit

esblechner

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree my nexus 7 8gb is fine... I've had at least $50 of enjoyment form it in the last few months to say nothing of the $25.00 credit I've enjoyed!... Would I rather have 16 gb? sure, however, thats how high tech goes... early adopters tend to spend more or get less... but we have fun

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with my 8 gig. Couldn't care less about this

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cast1

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So if you buy a 4 cyclinder car and its awesome and great gas mileage then a month later the car comes in a v8 with same gas mileage your not going to be disappointed? I think not. At the very least people should get an option to trade in or upgrade. Imo

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Are ppl still complaining about this. U bought what u bought fully knowing there is a possibility that something better will come out in the near future o wait its kinda like everything u buy TV,computer,car,phone,camera. Quit acting like a 15 year old b****

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Fact is, you knew what you were buying and felt it was a bargain. Yes, there's always a bit of buyer's remorse when the next cool thing comes out, but the only way to avoid that is to become Amish. You got a great deal on a great device, don't let the availability of a slightly better deal sour that for you. Shrug it off and enjoy your N7! The 8gb of difference doesn't change the user experience much, if at all. And if you find yourself needing the space, find someone to sell your N7 to and buy one with more space. Or wait another few months until the next next cool thing comes out that's an even better deal, and get that instead.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So if you buy a 4 cyclinder car and its awesome and great gas mileage then a month later the car comes in a v8 with same gas mileage your not going to be disappointed? I think not. At the very least people should get an option to trade in or upgrade. Imo

The analogy would be more like getting a v8 with a small trunk to carry your groceries and a few months later they sell one with a bigger trunk but the same v8. The 16gb N7 uses the same tegra 3 processor and same RAM. Your 8gb model is just as fast and smooth and can run all of the same apps. So no, I'm not disappointed. Storage gets cheaper all the time. You don't start calling sandisk to give you a free flash drive every time they sell one with more capacity do you?

Sent from my Nexus 7

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Always supported Google products however I bought a nexus at the end of august. I wanted to support its flagship device- not sure it was a great idea because a month later the 16 GB model drops to 199 and I'm stuck with the 8 gb that I bought because I thought at that price point was awsome. Guess I'm being punished for supporting Google to Earlie' . And forget contacting them its impossible. I think the should do a buy back like best buy. I don't think I'll be supporting Google so quickly anymore

Another "Wah-Wah Google did me wrong thread", YES!!! Just what we need.

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So it was awesome then, but now it's somehow not? ...
Exactly. As soon as anything awesome someone (anyone) buys is superceded with a newer/different model it becomes not-awesome.

... Guess I'm being punished for supporting Google to Earlie' ...
Seems pretty clear that's what's going on. I'm guessing they were waiting for the right person to buy the 8GB before deprecating it in the name of a new 32GB unit. Why else would they have possibly done that? This is the first time I've ever heard of an early adapter paying more and/or getting less in the life cycle of a new product.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Goog marketing plan for sure. "Let's put out an 8GB model and see how many fools will buy it early, then we can stick it to them by lowering the 16GB model price to the same, BWAAAHAAA". "Fools! Fools they be!, HAHAHAHAHA!" - Google VP for Marketing-

Will get a bonus for Christmas for sure, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45