Just received my SECOND Nexus 7 and the screen

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Is absolutely perfect! The build quality, like the last one is superb. The device is a work of art, functioning perfectly right out of the box, already charged to 65% and ready to set up. Delivery from Staples was free and it arrived exactly on the day they said it would via UPS.

Initial setup went smoothly without a single connectivity issue or delay. Will be charging the rest of the way to 100% and starting root and custom recovery (4.1.2) already updated, smooooooth.

This is my SECOND Nexus 7 and both had this same issue! My 1st, a 16GB model and now this new 32GB model, and both totally perfect.

Just wondering how many others out there have experienced these same issues with multiple Nexus 7's?

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is absolutely perfect! The build quality, like the last one is superb. The device is a work of art, functioning perfectly right out of the box, already charged to 65% and ready to set up. Delivery from Staples was free and it arrived exactly on the day they said it would via UPS.

Initial setup went smoothly without a single connectivity issue or delay. Will be charging the rest of the way to 100% and starting root and custom recovery (4.1.2) already updated, smooooooth.

This is my SECOND Nexus 7 and both had this same issue! My 1st, a 16GB model and now this new 32GB model, and both totally perfect.

Just wondering how many others out there have experienced these same issues with multiple Nexus 7's?

Your post doesn't list any issues... what are you referring to? Or are you saying 'perfect' is an issue? :p

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations!

I have had a similar issue.
There have been 7 Nexus 7's in my family, I bought a 16GB over two months ago and I now have a 32GB, my dad also bought 5 as Christmas gifts.
All 7 of them have been flawless, easy to set up, and an absolute joy to use.

This is actually a serious problem for me and my family because we've always been strictly an Apple family, and the Nexus 7's have converted us to android.
My family is done with iOS for good now, and it's all because of this damn Nexus 7. :)

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
LOL, yes this post got some views, but confused many:D and has had little response.

This definitely IS a contrast post, so tired of all the many, many, many, many, many "hey dude, ya gotta any screen issues?" threads, mostly made by "members" with 1-5 post counts.

The only time I had any problems it was PIBKAC problem, or jumping the gun on installing an app that wasn't ready for it yet, or just not taking the time to learn what I should have before I started something.

Enjoy your N7's everyone!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I also had this problem, but not until the 3rd unit I received. The first two didn't have this problem, so I had to send them back.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Prolly, LOL!

But only towards those who are determined to whine and moan about things they have no control over, or refuse to learn what they're doing, or to those who just want to maline ANY device out on this or any other FORUM I'm on with a post count of 1.

And anyone that insists on posting "I've sent back (3,4,5,6,7.....20) devices and they all have this issue" posts, and they have joined a week ago and have under 5 posts, are gonna get an answer from me :cool::)

And I like to poke at fun at everyone, especially myself! :D

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
LOL. you're going to confuse me now? :cool::D:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Had to read it twice!
I had to read your OP THREE times before I knew how to respond!

By the way, I understand and agree with your frustration with the chronic or uninformed complainers (was it the guy who posted a couple days ago about returning 7 units due to screen lift who put you over the edge?), but hopefully most forum readers are aware that those of us who have had problems are in the minority.

People with problems tend to seek advice (one of the main reasons for the forum) or complain (human nature), while those with no problems tend smile and stay silent. Doesn't matter if it's a defective Nexus 7, a lemon car, or a bad marriage, people generally vocalize in the same way. You just have to deal with it, and occasionally write a post like yours to let off steam!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had to read your OP THREE times before I knew how to respond!

By the way, I understand and agree with your frustration with the chronic or uninformed complainers (was it the guy who posted a couple days ago about returning 7 units due to screen lift who put you over the edge?), but hopefully most forum readers are aware that those of us who have had problems are in the minority.

He certainly didn't help :), but I've been told I'm on or over the edge my whole life about many things.

"..you and I, travel to the beat of a different drum.." Stone Ponys (feat. Linda Ronstadt)

Keeping my tongue to myself on this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...nexus-7-tablet-has-poor-build-quality-12.html. page 12 post 277. Good ol' neller.

I'm not sure why you find it odd, the last few I bought I opened right at the service desk, in batches of 5 which is what the store got in at a time. In total I went through 23 before I gave up. Do you think the store was impressed with the obvious excessive screen lift right out of the box? Some were so bad you could see the innards of the device right out of the box. We didn't even get to checking for the other known flaws such as ghosting and bleeding, didn't even turn them on before they were returned.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you don't want to return them?? I'll bet if you apply enough pressure, you get screen ripple. absolutely unacceptable, terrible quality! I bought and returned 10 N7's, and they all had screen ripple when I punched them; some guy said that was a normal side-effect of punching screens, but I refuse to believe that. What does that tell you about how they're made?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you don't want to return them?? I'll bet if you apply enough pressure, you get screen ripple. absolutely unacceptable, terrible quality! I bought and returned 10 N7's, and they all had screen ripple when I punched them; some guy said that was a normal side-effect of punching screens, but I refuse to believe that. What does that tell you about how they're made?

LOLs, one poster, who I didn't even respond to because I didn't want to be 86'd outta the site, was upset because he couldn't get his replaced under warranty. Seems he decided he wanted to test the Gorilla Glass, so got up on a 12 foot ladder and dropped onto his concrete driveway. Expected results.

He was raving about Google and Asus poor customer service for having to pay to get it fixed or buy a new one. AND the lousy build quality of the Nexus 7. He decided to go to the credit card company that he purchased on for refund, but swore he was going "back" to Apple iPad. Gonna get the new mini.

Curious to know if he "tested" that one too, ROFLMAO

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You know what, I think my N7 might have the same issue! Are there any tests I can do to confirm it??
Yes. If you don't think you need to send it to Google for a replacement, then you have failed the test. If you have to send it back, then you have passed the test. Or vice versa. Something like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch