I see QuickOffice Pro HD is on sale right now...

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It's described as being optimized for tablets, but then says it's incompatible with my device?? I've got a stock 32GB Nexus running 4.2. Is this another app that just hasn't updated yet, or is there some other issue with it and the Nexus? Should I grab a copy of QuickOffice now, while it's on sale, assuming they will get it working?

EDIT: I just tried to download the app, and it won't even let me do that, since it shows as not compatible.

Is there another similar app that works with the Nexus?

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about QuickOffice Pro HD, but QuickOffice Pro (Office & PDF) looks to be fully compatible and is on sale for $0.99. Make sure you're looking at the right version.

A free alternative is Kingsoft Office that does the basics well enough. Can't hurt to give it a try since it's free. I have that, plus OfficeSuite Pro 6 that I got during the $0.25 sale. It's probably a little better than Kingsoft, but I don't really use either since office suites are still pretty limited in terms of capability on tablets. It's much easier for me to use my desktop, even for basic office requirements.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. The way I understand it, the HD version of QuickOffice is specifically for tablets, so it should be the one to use with the Nexus 7. I contacted their support people, so maybe I'll hear from them as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about QuickOffice Pro HD, but QuickOffice Pro (Office & PDF) looks to be fully compatible and is on sale for $0.99. Make sure you're looking at the right version.

A free alternative is Kingsoft Office that does the basics well enough. Can't hurt to give it a try since it's free. I have that, plus OfficeSuite Pro 6 that I got during the $0.25 sale. It's probably a little better than Kingsoft, but I don't really use either since office suites are still pretty limited in terms of capability on tablets. It's much easier for me to use my desktop, even for basic office requirements.

I have the KingSoft Office international edition. Support for more languages and it works perfectly. I like it much better than Office Pro on my wifes Samsung GTab.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I found QuickOffice Pro HD on Amazon, showing that it is compatible with the Nexus 7. So I downloaded and installed it, and so far it's working fine. I'll post here if any problems arise...

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've used QuickOffice Pro, OfficeSuite Pro, Kingsoft Office, and Google Drive. out of all of them, I prefer the layout/feel of Kingsoft, and the simplicity of Drive (Drive is great with external keyboards). I rarely use OSP or WOP, but I bought them on sale in case they get any great updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress