Google account sign-in errors?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, have any of you been having issues over the past few days or so with your Google/gmail account randomly giving a sign-in error?

Seems to be happening on both my Nexus 7 and my Galaxy Note, across at least 2 of the 3 Google accounts I use. I'll get a notification saying to tap to sign back in or something to that effect -- nothing happens after doing so on my Note, but on the N7 I'm taken to an error screen saying something about being unable to communicate with the Google server. But generally I'm able to sign in immediately after, if the device hasn't already done so by then.

Seems like a random glitch, hasn't happened so far today but it's been going on for about 3 days prior. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So is mine, idk what Google account it is either (2 Google accounts with emails that are same just one at gmail and one at yahoo)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue started yesterday. I get a "Error login the server" notification and touch "Next"
button "try again" comes up.The error notification not coming up again after i clear ALL cache related to Google.
Go to settings/app/all and then clear all caches in the apps with the words "Google" and "gmail".

Hope this help, good luck !

SLo

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It is non device specific. Happens to anyone. I get it on my HTC Rezound as well. It's a Google server thing regardless of device or OS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Keep getting them too, glad I'm not the only one. I actually got one on my laptop too, stating that my campus email (which I fwd to gmail) was no longer linked to my account or something. Had me worried, but none of them have actually changed anything.

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
OK this problem has since disappeared but I no longer get email notifications in the notification bar. In fact I only have updates if I manually refresh my email. I checked my preferences and I am checked to show notifications. The only thing I have done recently is disable currents background syncing. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez