anyone else having problem with Swype Beta 1.3 on nexus 7

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Swype is really laggy, and a lot of times the spelling suggested words cannot be clicked. Had to revert to the android stock keyboard. Sywpe works fine on my GNEX phone which is running an earlier version of Jelly bean.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Until recently Swype Beta 1.3 was my default keyboard on my N7. Once the SwiftKey Flow beta expires, I fully expect to go back to Swype Beta.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I'm using it without problems. Maybe you should try a reinstall. I don't currently have any of the issues you mentioned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
The Swype beta routinely crashes for me. Worked fine before the last update, but now it's worse. I'm going to try reinstalling today and if still buggy will probably uninstall.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The Swype beta routinely crashes for me. Worked fine before the last update, but now it's worse. I'm going to try reinstalling today and if still buggy will probably uninstall.

I prefer Swype because it's easier to do numbers and (when it works), the spell suggestions line up along the bottom edge. I really don't like where they put the dragon voice key, I hit it by mistake.

I find the new Android Keyboard to be more accurate and faster....unless I'm doing numbers, and I don't get suggested spelling when I do searches from the google search.

I'm probably going to stick w/the swype on my phone and use the native on the tablet. have never tried swiftkey flow yet.