wireless printer app?

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So I have a couple WiFi enabled printers (4 in fact, my dad is a hoarder lol) and was wondering if there are apps that allows you to print from nexus 7 without needing a computer. Don't mind if I have to pay, which is probable.
Also are there any good microsoft word like apps?
I had my nexus for about a month and I am impressed of its capability. Almost replacing my comp.

Here's what I was able to do. It may be a simple concept to you guys but this feature amazed me,

Attachments

• 02112013030.jpg
    02112013030.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 43

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So I have a couple WiFi enabled printers (4 in fact, my dad is a hoarder lol) and was wondering if there are apps that allows you to print from nexus 7 without needing a computer. Don't mind if I have to pay, which is probable.
Also are there any good microsoft word like apps?
I had my nexus for about a month and I am impressed of its capability. Almost replacing my comp.

Here's what I was able to do. It may be a simple concept to you guys but this feature amazed me,

For printing use google! Google - Cloud Print

As for the microsoft word apps, I can't say for sure because I don't have those apps, but you can either use Google Drive OR https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gistered&feature=search_result&token=XgATllw4..

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
If any of the printers are HP ePrint capable printers, try the free HP ePrint app.

If they have Google Cloud Print capability, then either Cloud Print or EasyPrint would work well. Both are free, though paid versions with some extra features are available. The free version of PrinterShare also will handle Google Cloud Print printers.

If any of the printers are not wireless or not Cloud Print capable, you can still use the Cloud Print, EasyPrint, or PrinterShare apps, as long as the printers are attached to a computer that is on and connected to the internet. Of course, you first have to set up each printer through Google as a Cloud Print printer.

If none of the wireless printers have Google Cloud Print or HP ePrint capability built in, then PrinterShare is your best bet, but you need the paid version for it to work. It's a bit expensive at $12.95 USD.

For word processing apps, you'll have to try a few to figure out what you like. Try Kingsoft Office as a starting point, since it's free and about as full featured as paid Android office suites. Jota+ is a stand alone editor, and the free version is pretty good. Keep in mind that nothing for tablets yet come close to the power and versatility of a full featured editor like MS Word, but they do the basics well enough. If you really want the power of Word, buy a Surface tablet and install MS Word on it. Or wait a couple years for Android and Apple to catch up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa