Bluetooth - Multiples on N7

LostinBanff

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to broadcast from a N7 (or any Android device), and have that audio received by multiple BT Headphones simultaneously? If so, is there a limit to how many? Or am I wrong in thinking that BT Headphones can be used in this format? Much appreciate any help!

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe you can send audio to 2 devices at the same time. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its possible to pair 2 devices to one bluetooth headset, one for music and one for calls but i dont think you can do multiple.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As SenseMoneky was stating. You can connect 1 BT device to 2 phones. But they only operate together in stand by mode. Once a device gets the notificaiton to pass audio, like music or a phone call, it then becomes dedicated to that device and the other in stand by cant connect untill the other disconnects. Basically with current BT protocols, its a 1 to 1 paring when actively sharing information.

LostinBanff

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
OK, I appreciate the help. Just to be clear, I want to send audio from my 1 x N7 out to multiple BT headphones like the @Wunderbar stated. (not have 1 x BT headphones connect to multiple transmitting devices). So maybe I just cannot do it with Bluetooth. Anyone seen an alternative the get audio out to multiple headphones from a tablet wirelessly? I've tried FM headphones before but the quality was always awful.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not possible with current technology.. Once you start to stream then the device and headset are now fully paired and utilizing the audio channel. Only in stand by mode can multiple devices connect to 1 phone / tablet.. Maybe in the future but as of now BT is more of a 1 to 1 dedicated link when its active..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non