Need help in decision making. Nexus 7 or Tab 3

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I figured since I got fired for leaking the images of the Nexus 7 out to Android Central I should get this tablet as a memory. haha BUT I went to Best Buy and was looking at the Samsung Tab 3 (7inch) and that had caught my eye. I am trying to talk myself into the Nexus 7 so I am hoping you guys can help convince me that the Nexus 7 is better than the Tab 3. I know speed wise it is and memory wise, but the lack of microSD is kind of pushing me away. So please...help! thanks!

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol for real? One look at the Tab 3 7 screen should be enough to turn you off. How Samsung can get away with a 1024x600 screen is crazy. The Tab 3 is a cut rate device designed to maximize profit.

The Nexus does have a little bit of USB OTG support in that you can use Nexus Media Importer to view/import (read only unfortunately) from USB devices. That and the availability of the 32GB model was good enough for me.

Plus Touchwiz!

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a no-brainer.. The only reason I would consider a Tab 3 would be the cool IR blaster..

Other than that, the N7 wins in every way. Hell, even the old N7 is just about on par with the Tab 3.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend that bought a tab 3 7.0 last week....the thing was a complete dog!!! Slow, lag, just not a pleasant experience at all....He returned it after 3 days, and exchanged it for a tab 3 8.0 that was much better, and I liked it to be honest with you....But, I still prefer the Nexus 7 over the tab....the only thing that the tab 3 8.0 had over the Nexus 7 is the size.....In my opinion an 8 tablet is the sweet spot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app