List of nexus 7 2013 problems

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
seriously though, all electronics have some lemons.

I think the usefulness of this thread is to identify common problems as opposed to defects in individual units. Also, if a bunch of people are reporting, say, a wi-fi connection issue, it will get on Google's radar. :)

dta316

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I get the your device is not compatible on the Google Play Store when I try to install NFS Most Wanted and Asphalt 7. Anyone else having this problem?

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just recently got Nexus 7 ? 2013 model, this is my first tab and experience so far is excellent. There are couple of things I am a bit confused about -

I have a headset with built in mic, can I use that for skype? I am facing some issues, here is what happens --

I can not hear other side, neither other side hears me
But when I do test audio call in Skype, it plays back my recorded voice very clearly in my headset.
I am confused as to where the problem is

I have a headset with built in mic, can I use that for Viber? I am facing some issues, here is what happens --
With headset ON, I can not hear other side, neither other side hears me
But when I remove my headset, I can hear otherside and they can hear me.
I am confused as to where the problem is

jaymst1

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I did that ....... I ok'd install from unknown sources & installed the .apk file and then installed flash 11.1 somehow from that ....... I installed Firefox and tried and still will not play

dyinman

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My device freezes from time to time when I'm trying to type while in Facebook. There's a few seconds delay before I can start typing again normally, but other than that I have been extremely impressed with my first Nexus device.

I have similar issues, but I mostly see it when typing in G+ or Hangouts. While typing it'll suddenly freeze for a good 15-20 seconds. The whole system is unresponsive, but then it'll suddenly come back and do all the actions I was trying to do when it froze (pull down the notifications bar, goes Home, Back, etc). I hope it's not a hardware issue, although I have absolutely horrible luck with actually getting a good unit with almost every piece of hardware I've bought in the last 5 years.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The 2nd OTA on mine keeps failing. I had unlocked the bootloader but not rooted. Had to wipe or clear google framework to get prompted for the update again. Has failed for me at least 5 times that I have tried. Has anyone successfully updated to 2nd OTA after initial failure?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have similar issues, but I mostly see it when typing in G+ or Hangouts. While typing it'll suddenly freeze for a good 15-20 seconds. The whole system is unresponsive, but then it'll suddenly come back and do all the actions I was trying to do when it froze (pull down the notifications bar, goes Home, Back, etc). I hope it's not a hardware issue, although I have absolutely horrible luck with actually getting a good unit with almost every piece of hardware I've bought in the last 5 years.

Me too. It just happened now while I was on Skype. Does anyone know if this is a firmware or hardware? I don't know if I should exchange for a different one while I still can.

Sent from my Oven

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Meh...took my second one back yesterday...Kept freezing, followed by a reboot. First one was doing it whenever I'd take a picture, and the second one was whenever I'd try to do something like change a page while reading a book. Back to the Flyer for a while. It works perfectly still, just not as fast.

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine has some touch sensitivity/response issues, but they really only seem to manifest in Chrome...games seem to work perfectly, as do apps like Facebook and Twitter. Most of the time I press a link in Chrome, I don't get the visual indicator that the link was pressed, other than seeing that the web page is loading...and the touch areas are very sensitive, particularly opening and closing tabs.

Google looking into the touch issue
http://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/mobile/W0Hfkq8hf-c

Sent from my Nexus 7 2

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
does anybody notice the heat build up coming from the right speaker near the camera when playing games? the left side is cool.

SRN7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
+ 1 for erratic screen flicker - in chrome and youtube -
+1 for touch screen "unresponsive" - seems to only happen on webpages/chrome

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My first tablet had horrible touch screen issues. So bad I couldn't even sign into Google to get it running. Returned that now it seems second tablet has touch screen issues too. Playing Simpsons Tapped out *albokay Add me :)* and while I was tapping all of a sudden Google now would activate. Did it multiple times. Playing Robot Unicorn attack 2 some presses wouldn't register at all. Don't know if I should swap out tablets again.

Another thing I noticed is that in Simpsons I can zoom in much further but not zoom out as much as on my 1st gen nexus 7. Plus Asphalt adrenaline 6 during the race the screen is stretched too much vertically.

As u may guess I play games a lot on the new nexus and its really becoming a pain in the ***.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rmint

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Also getting the screen blink issue.Trying to decide on whether to return or not?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

daaarn

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine has some touch sensitivity/response issues, but they really only seem to manifest in Chrome...games seem to work perfectly, as do apps like Facebook and Twitter. Most of the time I press a link in Chrome, I don't get the visual indicator that the link was pressed, other than seeing that the web page is loading...and the touch areas are very sensitive, particularly opening and closing tabs.

does anybody notice the heat build up coming from the right speaker near the camera when playing games? the left side is cool.

Been having these 2 problems most notably. The heat thing is not too bad for now. After web-browsing or watching some videos for a little bit, I'll notice that the area around the camera gets warm (it's not scorching hot thankfully, but it is noticeably warm).

I've also been having the touch/sensitivity issues while using the Dolphin browser (I don't use Chrome, so I'm not sure if there's a problem there). At times I'll be wanting to press the new/close tab buttons near the upper right corner of the screen and nothing will happen. I then have to readjust the position or pressure of my finger in relation to the screen in order to get it to function. Also, sometimes when I'll be clicking a link, nothing happens, while other times when I do that, the page will load without me even realizing it registered my touch.

At the very least, it's sorta comforting that other people or having these issues. I hope a software fix can help with the touch problems though.

And just wondering, but does the new Nexus 7 itself have some sort of warranty? Although the problems I've been having are relatively minor, I want to know if I should maybe just exchange it sooner rather than wait in case they're indicative of something worse.