New Nexus 7 Turn by Turn?

Bryan Didier

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The new Nexus has google maps but no navigate/navigation app like the Galaxy S3 for turn by turn directions. When I pulled it out of the box it has 4.2 loaded and it was there.
After the update to 4.3...no such luck.
Has anyone run into this yet?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the "turn by turn" is now part of the Google Maps app.....there is no longer a "navigation" app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Kumnaa

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've just noticed it's now missing from my Nexus 4. Updated to 4.3 yesterday and there was a maps update this morning. Not sure which took it away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Navigation has been absorbed by the Maps app. Dedicated Nav app is gone, but it functions the same when accessed through Maps.

Posted via Android Central App

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
If you go into Google Maps, in the search field you'll see an arrow.....click on the arrow, and that should bring you into the navigation mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Bryan Didier

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Go into maps- I think I have went through every option and "Navigation" is not in there a far as I can see.
Again that part works fine on my Galaxy S 3. I use this option all the time.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, it is still there in the maps app. When you first open the maps app tap on the little "y" arrow in the search bar....

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The way I found to get to navigation is to enter an address in search field (or select one from History) then tap the blue minutes to location, then tap the card with the green minutes to location. Navigation icon is then tappable. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress