Nexus 7 2013 Calendar Issues

ryan5609

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble with the stock calendar app running on my new Nexus 7 2013. My N7 is fully stock and unrooted. It seems that after the most recent update the calendar has stopped working in every possible way. It will not sync, it wont even open from the app drawer, it will force close every single time. I have tried clearing all of the data, uninstalling updates, and installing another calendar app, but nothing seems to work. I cannot get any of my Google calendar info onto my N7. Other than that the tablet seems to run perfectly fine, other than the random reboots. Anyone else been getting random reboots? Does anyone have any suggestions other than doing a factory reset?

Thanks

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
wow, I haven't had any problems at all and that sucks that your calendar is acting that way. I don't get the random reboots either.

I haven't heard of this issue before, so the factory reset might be your best option. First, you should try clearing some of the other app data. Things like Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, and Google Services Framework might have be hooked to the calendar in some way. Try clearing those and see if any of them help. Other than that, a factory reset might be your only option :(

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
One of the things I don't like about he calendar app is that I have multiple Google calendars. If I want to change a calendar entry from one calendar to another, it won't let me. But I can do it on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have multiple calendars from the same Google account? Go to the Calendar app's settings, tap your email address, then check all of the calendars you want to sync. Then, in the calendar view, select either the Day or Week view. You should see a list of your calendars at the lower right. Tap them to toggle them on or off.

Edit: Oops, just realized you weren't asking that specific question. Sorry!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I don't like about he calendar app is that I have multiple Google calendars. If I want to change a calendar entry from one calendar to another, it won't let me. But I can do it on my iPad.

The Google Calendar app [inappropriate language removed by moderators] Go to the Play Store and buy Calengoo. It can be customized a thousand different ways. I use it on my phone and Nexus and it allows multiple calendars to be displayed, which I've color coded. It also comes with a nice variety of widgets too.

Last edited by a moderator:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The Google Calendar app [inappropriate language removed by moderators] Go to the Play Store and buy Calengoo. It can be customized a thousand different ways. I use it on my phone and Nexus and it allows multiple calendars to be displayed, which I've color coded. It also comes with a nice variety of widgets too.

You would think that the stock Google calendar app would have this feature. I don't understand why it would be limited that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699