how to sign in youtube with google plus account?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
one day, google asked me if i want to associate my youtube with a "better" name, so i did. after that, i can't use google account to sign in youtube any more.

and now i can't use youtube app on nexus 7, either. i can still sign in with google plus account. is there any way to use youtube app on 7?

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: how to sign in youtube without google plus account?

Unless you have two different Google accounts, your Google account IS your Google+ account...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

That should be only for e-mail posting, not really for logging in... that's so weird, it should in any case be tied to your 'main' Google Account... Have you tried 'de-linking' your YouTube account from it?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

there are quite a few of us who have problems with youtube after google tricked us, asked us if we want to change our user names, etc. ever since i changed the user names, we can't sign in any more. and there is no way to delink, etc.

so youtube app on nexus 7 is useless to me. and other apps allow people to sign in with a different email, user name, etc, but youtube seems to be stuck with my google account. it won't allow me to change it at all. and it refuses to play any videos, tells me that i have internal error, etc. stupid.