A problem with my Nexus 7 screen!

iDoc86

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Just recently bought nexus 7 2013 from amazon
since few days i face this problem which is while browsing i have this problem with the screen there is this flickering or something i really dont know what to call it
and when i get out from the browser and use the device still i can see that flickering at the top or sideways if i rotate it

I thought maybe the brightness has something with it but the same whether its on 100% or 10 %

as i said i bought it from amazon and still i can return it but want to consult with you guys
the strange thing is that if i shut down the device and then restart it the problem goes away for few time and then come back and its disappointing !!
I posted a video of the problem and tell me guys what u think !

Nexus 7 2013 screen problem - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: A problem with my nexus7 screen !

Exchange it. Don't even bother playing games. With amazon's exchange policy it is so easy to just exchange it that it is not even worth trouble shooting a problem like that. They even pay shipping. You just print out the label from your computer and tape it on the box.

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I agree, go ahead and exchange it. You'll be better off in the long run.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Kindle Fire HDX has screen flicker too. Both screens are made by LG. Both screens suffer from light leakage and some screens on both tablets suffer from ugly yellow spots.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

im lucky I only got the light leakage problem on my n7. you are 100% correct, these screens are definitely not the best made. look at a Samsung screen and you can see the difference.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't have light leak or yellow spots on my 32gig nexus 7 2013..... I guess I'm a lucky one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes you are lucky, but I'd be willing to guess that you have at least a little light bleed especially at the top in portrait orientation. Of over the 20-30 or so n7s that I have seen ALL have had light bleed to some extent.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey man, I felt like I was playing the nexus lottery when ordering, waiting for my device to arrive then sending it back due to defects and awaiting it's replacement. I finally went to staples and got the unit I have now and have decided to keep it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty