Google Nexus 7 (2013) Bluetooth keyboard makes Play Music start

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a little odd. I've noticed on my 2013 N7 that when I connect my Bluetooth keyboard (one by Acer for the Iconia Tab series), more often than not Google Play Music starts playing the last played song--but it only appears in the Notification Bar, without opening the full Play Music app.

Anyone else notice this? I wonder if it's just a quirk of this keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

bajhn

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing something similar. I have a Bose SoundLink Mini speaker that uses Bluetooth, and when I turn it off, Play Music begins playing something, whether or not my Nexus was playing anything beforehand. I had never used Play Music before. This began happening a month or so ago, and I've had the speaker since January.

bajhn

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I uninstalled all of the updates to the Play Music app in Play Store (there is apparently no way to uninstall the app -- boo, Google!), and Play Music was auto-updated again last night. I tried turning off the speaker again this morning to reproduce the problem, and while the Play Music headphones logo appeared briefly in the notification area, it didn't start playing music. Maybe this will work for you, B. Diddy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, maybe I'll try that. It's not a big hassle in the first place, though. Welcome to Android Central, by the way!