Why is my phone saying wifi not in range even when I am in my home?

Drew30

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Wifi not in range

My nexus 7 running 4.4.4 internet quit working the other night while I was on Chrome. The internet disconnected and when I opened the wifi settings it said my home network was not in range and did not list any of the surrounding networks. I tried to scan and it didnt do anything. I went to safe mode and the wifi was the same there. No matter where I am its not picking up any wifi and if I am around saved networks it just says not in range. Any ideas?? Also everything is fine with my laptop so I'm pretty sure its not a router issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wifi not in range

Sounds to me like your Wi-Fi hardware just took a dump.
You could try reloading the firmware but I think it's time to contact Asus for repair.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Drew30

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the input. I rebooted the router and tried messing with the security settings and various channels. I also tried wiping the cache partition and none of that seemed to do anything. The only thing I havent done yet is a factory reset, but from what Ive read doesn't sound like that will fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Time and date are correct? Are you able to connect to other wi-fi networks, like at the local cafe?

Drew30

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Yea I checked the date and time. No matter where I go the tablet is not detecting any wifi networks. The ones I have saved it just says out of range even when Im there.

jolphil

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I had a very similar issue just 3 feet away from the router.I tweaked settings also but it did not work.I finally reset the router and like magic it worked.
Goodluck

Kevin_Day

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have exactly the same issue, it is like the Wifi is turned off yet it is actually switched on. It will not pick up any networks anywhere, home, work, hotspots, nothing. I have had the tablet less than a week, I am taking it back for a refund asap. Heap of rubbish compared to my previous Samsung tablet. Never had any problems with that, only changed because I wanted more on-board memory to load apps. Guess I will try a HUDL2 next.