The Nexus 7 (2013) Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY need these random, often reboots to stop. Sometimes I will go a full week without one, then, if they start, could go another week with the tablet completely unstable. I don't really add any new apps too often, and I wiped it a month ago. So, am very hopeful 5.1 will fix this. Didn't happen on 4.4.4, but has been happening ever since 5.x. I use it to test apps, so have to be on the latest to be more marketable, otherwise would flash back to the last stable build.

Cheers!

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It's not out yet for the 13' N7 for some odd reason. Yet 5.1 is out for the 12' N7... Oh well we just have to wait I guess...
That may be because, from what I've read, the N7 2012 was very seriously incapacitated by the earlier Lollipop "upgrades." There was thus perhaps more urgency to get a fix out to them than to N7 2013 owners, though judging by the inability of 5.0.2 to undo the damage, I'm not all that optimistic that Google finally got it right with 5.1. Fortunately, I've kept my N7 2013 on KitKat 4.4.4, which has always worked well for me.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That may be because, from what I've read, the N7 2012 was very seriously incapacitated by the earlier Lollipop "upgrades." There was thus perhaps more urgency to get a fix out to them than to N7 2013 owners, though judging by the inability of 5.0.2 to undo the damage, I'm not all that optimistic that Google finally got it right with 5.1. Fortunately, I've kept my N7 2013 on KitKat 4.4.4, which has always worked well for me.

I agree... However 5.0.2 on my N7 '13 is working perfectly so I don't mind waiting for the update but I still want it NOW lol

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone has an update? I regeret so much i went for 5.0.2! I hope 5.1 fixes everything or atleast the laggging

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like to think the delay in upgrading the 2013 models has a very good reason. This is the second upgrade in a row where they've upgraded the older model first. Maybe it's to keep down the amount of upgrades released at the same time. However, it's usually the policy of most manufacturers to upgrade the latest devices first. What a crazy Android world we live in, huh. It would be nice to have a reasonable explanation offered by the manufacturers/carriers, though. It would sure go a long way to keep customer satisfaction at a high (or at least a modicum of complaints).

UPDATE: OK. Now this delay is getting a little strange. It's been several weeks since the 2012 upgrade, and there's no explanation from anybody about why the 2013 model upgrade is being delayed. My friend whom I gave my 2012 model when I upgraded to the 2013 has had the upgrade for two weeks. It's not that I'm having any problems with 5.0.2. But I'd like to know why so long a delay for my 2013...as I'm sure all 2013 owners would also like to know. Is there a problem? What?

Last edited:

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
whether its the 1st or 2nd gen they always update the 3g/LTE versions last so ill continue to wait. My 13' LTE is working fine on 5.0.2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty