Screen not rotating since Marshmallow update

Kevin Mogee

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been updated to marshmallow on my Nexus 7 and ever since the update the screen rotation is not working. I've reset the device, I've cleared the cache and it worked once, but then it suddenly stopped working again. I've tried clearing the cache again, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been updated to marshmallow on my Nexus 7 and ever since the update the screen rotation is not working. I've reset the device, I've cleared the cache and it worked once, but then it suddenly stopped working again. I've tried clearing the cache again, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Did you take the update automatically or did you manually update via the OTA file or factory image? If automatically, then check to make sure the screen rotation isn't locked via the settings. If you manually updated then try applying the update again.

yenh127

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Whenever it happens to my n7, I just restart the device. It usually fixes the issue-for at least a while

Posted via the Android Central App

HarshAndroid

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here. The other odd thing I noticed was, if I go to "Safe Mode" (Long press power button, Long press Power Off on the screen), the rotation briefly starts working but stops again after a while. So it appears to be a software issue as far as I can tell.

-H