gmail conversation view removal

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the appropriate term for this, but is there a way to show emails individually rather than grouped. Very difficult to identify most recent responses in email chains if multiple responses come in.

I can do this on my iPhone, but would love to do this on my Nexus 9.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: gMail email separation

Very difficult to identify most recent responses in email chains if multiple responses come in.
They should be in the order in which they were sent, according to your local time (IOW, if someone in California sent an email at noon his local time and someone in NY sent an email at 2:59 PM his local time, the one from NY should show as being sent earlier). Two sent at exactly the same second may be in either order.

As far as not grouping the emails from one sender together, that's different for different clients, it has nothing to do with the account. I don't think the GMail app can do that, but it's been a long time since I uninstalled it. I could probably write a worse email app if I really tried, but almost anything out there is better. (I know Thunderbird - for which there's no Android version. But I think K9 can be set the way you want (and it has a lot of other nice features - even PGP if you want some privacy).

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Awesome thank you. I like the gmail client, but it definitely has limitations, like images in your signature and of course the grouping flaw. Will check others out.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

Funny that you mark that as a flaw. where as for me its a huge+ (different needs). and highly annoying the my exchange mail doesn't show up that way in gmail. end up using nine instead for my corporate account (has the option to have threaded or non threaded email) but has a cost.