WiFi drops connection

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody else with an n9 on 5.0.1 experience WiFi drops once in a while? (Maybe for a second or 2 the triangle goes empty and then reconnects) this is happening to mine. Rebooting router seems to fix it for a day or so. Any insight at all?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No Wi-Fi problems on the N9 so far, but my N7 on 5.0.2 constantly dropped Wi-Fi. Before the 5.0.2 update the N7 was solid (maybe there is a bug hidden somewhere in lollipop or I just need to clear the case in recovery.... I'll work on it some today & see if it has any positive affect.

Sorry about the N7 stuff on the N9 forum guys :)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I just got it and set it up for the first time a day or so ago. I doubt the cache needs clearing? I think this is bug in lollipop as I have read about it in various forums and sites online. Also might be my router. I have been having funny things happen over the last month or so with other devices as well. Orange bars, internet connection lost etc.I am going to try a new router first I think.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's a bug in Lollipop, I don't have it. WiFi has been solid here since Christmas. I'm on Comcast with a NetGear Nighthawk R7000.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both home office so I went with an overkill router. I've had many brands over the years, and I've settled on NetGear. You will be eliminating router problems.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The router seems to have fixed it. I have went 3 or 4 days now with the new router without a disconnect

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had WiFi issues on a Maxx a few months ago, some things I've noted (1) make sure wps isn't enabled on your wireless router assuming its not an access point, (2) uninstall any apps that access hardware, eg flashlight apps (3) turn off any WiFi scanning and avoid poor connections

Otherwise if its a bug then cest la vie, but #2 above was the issue on the Maxx

Posted via the Android Central App