Casting music to Nexus Player

Neil Barnwell

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Nexus Player and two Chromecast Audios this week. The two audios, working in a group, are superb! I am disappointed to find, however, that the Nexus Player does not show up in any music-casting apps (e.g. Spotify - even with a premium sub).

I had hoped that my Nexus Player and the two Audios would form one group that I could cast music to, but it appears the design separates the "video-capable" devices from the Audios (I also have a gen 1 Chromecast that Spotify can't see).

Is this proposed/due in a software update? Or is there some other way around it - e.g. casting *from* the Nexus Player rather than using my phone.

Many thanks in advance, and merry christmas. :)

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Audio and video is and will be separate, unless Google changes their mind completely.

Only Chromecast Audio will do groups and multiroom. As of now it's also only the Chromecast Audio dongle that will work, speakers with built in Chromecast Audio can't be integrated. But they will be in the future.

And as you noted as well, Spotify will only work with Chromecast dongles, Audio or video will both work fine. But not integrated solutions such as the Nexus Player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699