Google Visual Core Co Processors

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Never heard of it.. And your body doesn't give much, if any warrant to have any interesting discussion of it.

The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL come with a dormant image processing chip designed by Google. It's supposed to make image processing faster and more power efficient. It'll also allow third party developers to build apps that use the phone's HDR+ features. They said it will be enabled on a later update:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/17/16487834/google-pixel-visual-core-ipu-custom-processor-chip

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised no one is talking about it here.
We are all too busy talking about whether or not the screen is trash at the moment. But, this does sound like an interesting Add-in, and even more interesting that it isn't active yet. I will be interested to see what Google ends up doing with it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL come with a dormant image processing chip designed by Google. It's supposed to make image processing faster and more power efficient. It'll also allow third party developers to build apps that use the phone's HDR+ features. They said it will be enabled on a later update:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/17/16487834/google-pixel-visual-core-ipu-custom-processor-chip

faster and power efficient is def helpful.

sometime HDR takes a 1-2 seconds to process images now this could almost instant.

I have noticed that camera takes lot of power. you can see this in battery stat when u use camera a lot in a day.

1/10 of power to process photo seems to be a win. hope it reduces the battery usage for camera

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
We are all too busy talking about whether or not the screen is trash at the moment. But, this does sound like an interesting Add-in, and even more interesting that it isn't active yet. I will be interested to see what Google ends up doing with it.

Lol. The screen is not trash. I wish that concept would die in a fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress