Google Assistant Not Working Through Bluetooth

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
After being having a cold for 4 weeks, I finally made it back to the gym and tested out using my Shure SE215 headphones. I can confirm that I hold the button on the headphone cords it will launch the assistant and it will hear me through the wired microphone. Still nothing when using bluetooth though.

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I've given up waiting for a fix, "Turn off the record audio over Bluetooth option and just use the mic in the phone. Google obviously doesnt care.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've given up waiting for a fix, "Turn off the record audio over Bluetooth option and just use the mic in the phone. Google obviously doesnt care.

Yep I've done the same. Hopefully they do fix it at some stage bit luckily the phone microphone is really good.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda confused really. I was told the fix would be in the October security patch. But the patch still hasn't been released and it's November. The beta has the patch but it's not fixed.

Velodron e

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
I was able to resolve this issue by turning off "Bluetooth headset" under "other voice settings" in Google Assistant settings for "phone"

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I was able to resolve this issue by turning off "Bluetooth headset" under "other voice settings" in Google Assistant settings for "phone"

That's just using the phone's mic. It's a workaround, not a resolution.
When working as it should triggering assistant will take over the Bluetooth device, even if the car radio is on fm. It will also read the response and then go back to the radio.
Using the phone's mic neither of that happens.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, it works for me with this cheap bt speaker I use when I'm doing the dishes, etc. I used it to send a text to my husband and then thought of this thread. I didn't squeeze it though, I used "ok Google."

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I installed the November update last night and guess what? THIS STILL DOESN'T WORK!!

This is absolutely ridiculous that I can't do a simple thing that every phone made in the last 12 years can do; voice dial.

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I would think this would be a bigger issue than it is being made out to be. I have seen plenty of news on the BS screen issues, but absolutely nothing written about this problem.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I would think this would be a bigger issue than it is being made out to be. I have seen plenty of news on the BS screen issues, but absolutely nothing written about this problem.

Apparently the media only reports on **** they feel like.
It was brought up breifly then they went back to the screen flashing or some other horse****.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I called customer service yesterday just to ***** about this still not being fixed.
I got an email hours later wanting a bug report.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Interesting enough, this does work with the Pixel Buds.... You press the earpiece to launch and then speak and it picks it up.... But in my car, if I say "Hey Google" it launches but no longer takes a voice command... Interesting...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I installed the November update last night and guess what? THIS STILL DOESN'T WORK!!

This is absolutely ridiculous that I can't do a simple thing that every phone made in the last 12 years can do; voice dial.

You can't voice dial?

Edit - oh you mean over BT.

Cesar Veliz

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
The frustrating part for me is that their chat support won't even admit it to be a problem, or that there will be an update addressing this. . Come to think of it I can't think of any problem either on this or original Pixle that the support has helped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171128-073342.jpg
    Screenshot_20171128-073342.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 18