How do you summon your assistant?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I know the sides are squeezable and that was one of the big features Google offered us as a way to call the assistant but I find that to be my least preferred way to do it. Either a quick " hey Google" or a quick long press of the home key seems to be easier. Was wondering what everyone else prefers.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know the sides are squeezable and that was one of the big features Google offered us as a way to call the assistant but I find that to be my least preferred way to do it. Either a quick " hey Google" or a quick long press of the home key seems to be easier. Was wondering what everyone else prefers.

Since the squeeze feature is new it's hard for me to say however I do find it handy. I think in public The Squeeze feature will be nicer to use then having to say OK Google which makes me feel awkward. The only thing I don't like about the squeeze feature is it doesn't work if the lock screen is engaged which simply means you have to hit the fingerprint sensor first but I get it your phone shouldn't be really unlock just by squeezing it.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My friends look at me funny when I say OK Google and the phones in my pocket they wonder what I'm doing

And I'm still learning new features that the assistant is able to do

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
@micaworks, Wow, that's alot of stuff your assistant is helping with. Thats the way to use it. I'm still figuring things out. So far if I'm out in public I generally summon her by a quick longish press of the home button. If I'm home or in a more private place a "hey google" works pretty well. I also like to ask the time in the middle of the night when the phone is several feet away. Works great. I have less luck using the side squeeze feature and find it hit and miss a bit but I'm sure I just need more practice. Still find the other methods preferable tho.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
In the car, I use"Ok Google" to call my assistant since we are prohibited by law to even touch our mobile even when stopped in traffic. So everything from communications to setting music or navigation has to be done by voice.

Outside or whenever I physically have the phone, I've grown accustomed to using the squeeze feature of the phone. I find that to be the fastest method of calling up the Assistant. I only use voice if my hands are dirty, I'm doing something more important or too lazy to pick up my phone (like if it were across the room).

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok Google or hey Google... Have disabled squeeze since I prefer just saying ok Google instead of accidental squeeze.
Also, having multiple phones Ok Google comes natural to me and don't have to adjust to different phones.

Use it my car mostly to get directions, at home to control lights, temperature etc. Sometimes asking generic questions. I have really got used to talking to assistant now and especially when it works as well as Google assistant.
I have very bad experience with Siri and Alexa. And I won't bother with bixby because I'll never have Samsung only ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87