Music Player App

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Which music player do you use on your 2XL?

I have the 128 g 2XL since early December. I came from a Note 3. I am still learning how to work this phone. I have a large CD collection that I used on the Note 3 via an SD card, and used the native Samsung music player app. On the 2XL all the music transfered over to Google Play Music but only about 5 CD show on the menu.

I know the music transfered because the files show up when I plug the 2XL to a computer.

I am assuming that another music app would work better.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
PowerAmp Pro. I was using Neutron for a while, but had lots of distortion over BT. PowerAmp has it all, sounds great, manages my library perfectly. Nothing to dislike. It works, and works well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
PowerAmp Pro. I was using Neutron for a while, but had lots of distortion over BT. PowerAmp has it all, sounds great, manages my library perfectly. Nothing to dislike. It works, and works well.

Agreed....and it kicks up the volume pretty good if you like tweaking the settings

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Shuttle+ was the one I stuck with on my past phone. It has a nice, clean material design interface. I tried PowerAmp, Rocket and N7.

Okay, you piqued my curiosity with this one, so I downloaded and installed.

I like the material design; Shuttle is far and away prettier than my go-to player, PowerAmp.

But, one thing I know I would miss with Shuttle is PowerAmp's "Queue" function. Think of it as a one-time playlist of sorts. When I hit the gym in the morning, for example, I pick a couple of albums and enqueue them, turn shuffle on, and that becomes my "playlist of the day." The next day, I just "Clear queue" and start over with a new selection.

And, honestly, as far as Shuttle being prettier goes, well, once I start my music up, the player drops into the background anyway and my workout tracker (Endomondo) is what I am looking at for the next 75 minutes. :)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay, you piqued my curiosity with this one, so I downloaded and installed.

I like the material design; Shuttle is far and away prettier than my go-to player, PowerAmp.

But, one thing I know I would miss with Shuttle is PowerAmp's "Queue" function. Think of it as a one-time playlist of sorts. When I hit the gym in the morning, for example, I pick a couple of albums and enqueue them, turn shuffle on, and that becomes my "playlist of the day." The next day, I just "Clear queue" and start over with a new selection.

And, honestly, as far as Shuttle being prettier goes, well, once I start my music up, the player drops into the background anyway and my workout tracker (Endomondo) is what I am looking at for the next 75 minutes. :)

I agree, a queue list is a great feature! I know I use the Queue a lot in Google Play Music. I might have to go back and check that out.

More than being, pretty, I like the Shuttle interface for ease of use as well.

It has been a while, so I don't remember what made me chose Shuttle over PowerAmp. I think there were some things about the now playing screen I preferred.

Both are great options though.

Joe Zambito

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Currently using Poweramp. Nothing can compare. I have been getting standby drain but easily fixed by a force stop of the app. Just a heads up.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I always used Phonograph as it looked fairly stock back in the Marshmallow days. Not sure if it's still updated though as I don't keep music on my phone any more.