Music Player App

Rickey Shortt

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Music. Why not, since you can upload 50,000 of your own songs to it and then pin any you like for offline playback. Plus not have to manage local files on multiple devices, trying to keep the same songs on each one. One major weak point is that while it can also play local files if you need it to, it can only play one file at a time (you can't select multiple local files to create a playlist) and it only works if you keep the player in focus and is extremely basic for that use. So it admittedly is a poor choice if you are a heavy user of local files.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am a music streamer so no real apps for on-device music... but most people I know that do have music on their phone use PowerAmp Pro.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I want all my files local, and I use iTunes to make playlists, so Rocket Player plus iSyncr works great - sync over WiFi with my computer.

Screenshot_20171213-103354.jpg

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Music. Why not, since you can upload 50,000 of your own songs to it and then pin any you like for offline playback. Plus not have to manage local files on multiple devices, trying to keep the same songs on each one. One major weak point is that while it can also play local files if you need it to, it can only play one file at a time (you can't select multiple local files to create a playlist) and it only works if you keep the player in focus and is extremely basic for that use. So it admittedly is a poor choice if you are a heavy user of local files.

I have my music library on a SD card. The same SD card was used on a LG then a Samsung phone with no issues. The SD card orginated from Windows Media Player.

The files from the SD card all transfered over to the 2 XL, but Google Play only recongizes a few files.

Based on the suggestions from this thread, I'm already looking at other music players.

mELIANTE

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't recommend n7player enough. Great looks and better sound quality than anything else, apart maybe from neutron.

I have used Poweramp, neutron and n7player in all my phones, n7player stuck.

It's not free but it's worth it.

bloodyripper_au

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Just Switched from Windows mobile to my first Android, was supprised to see Groove music as they killed streaming, but it still plays my downloaded music and I know how it works

ktjensen

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Enjoy the discussion. Am using ROCKET PLAYER as it has a cloud services plugin ($4 a year) that will allow you to identify any unknown MP3 (mostly works). Sure helps if you have a large music collection that could have problems with labels. It will automatically retag (ID3) and write back to the MP3 file.

As far as sync with ITUNES it can do that but it can not do a reverse sync. To me sync means to make both sides (iTunes and ANDROID) identical. The SYNCR tool for ROCKET PLAYER only goes one way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch