Saturated vs Boosted

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my Pixel and was curious what's the difference between the saturated and boosted in the colors section.
Boosted was the default, so is that Google's happy medium between saturated and natural?

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my Pixel and was curious what's the difference between the saturated and boosted in the colors section.
Boosted was the default, so is that Google's happy medium between saturated and natural?
Saturated seems like it adds much more red color. Boosted is more blue.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't see much difference between natural and boosted. Now those 2 and saturated is a whole other story. Lol

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
After a couple weeks to me there is a noticeable difference between natural and boosted I'm in natural mode now and really enjoy it little bit of a dull screen and all colors pop , saturated is Overkill if I wanted that I'd be on a Samsung product

Every part of this phone continues to grow on me

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Had my XL for about a month.

Have gone back and forth between saturated and boosted.

Currently on boosted.

I seem to adjust almost immediately to whatever color mode is set.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
A couple days ago I was looking at some photos on my 2 XL and noticed the colors looked fantastic. I thought that was pretty darn good for Natural and wondered what all the fuss was about. I figured I'd take it off the Natural setting and play around with Boosted and Saturated. When I went into the settings it was already set on Boosted. I tried Saturated but it looked, well, it looked saturated. So, back to boosted it went. Bought my phone on Dec. 2nd so I guess it was set on Boosted by default.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I love natural. Like others said, very easy on the eyes, especially at night.

I need an easy toggle switch though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just use boosted. Saturated seemed too much for me but that is probably due to me being used to Natural before the update haha :p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non