Blue tint on screen

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing that the blue tint seems to have a lot to do with the kind of external lighting. If I'm looking in outdoor light or light from a window it appears a very light blue. With indoor artificial lighting the blue seems to be much deeper. Anyone else notice this?
Yep. That's why I sometimes don't notice the red tint on my Note. I rarely use it in darkness.

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Panda delivered... Holy crap the blue tint was the worse I've seen. Don't be fooled into thinking it has been fixed. Or that they are using new panels, it's still the luck of the draw. Back to Google it goes.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So like you said it is like a lottery or better yet a gamble. Why would a $850 phone leave the factory with so many displays this bad is my question. As much as I love the software on Pixel one I had, I won't give Google my money for the Pixel 2.

I tried one out too and the most severe of a tilt caused blue to wash over the top portion of the screen. Why would anyone pay $850 and find that acceptable regardless if it bothers them or not? There is maybe 1% shift in color on my iPhone X, maybe. It is flawless. I’ve had the older pixel, Samsungs, and even LGs with no color shift. Google is lucky they sold as much units as they did. It’s really a shame because the device could have been really amazing.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried one out too and the most severe of a tilt caused blue to wash over the top portion of the screen. Why would anyone pay $850 and find that acceptable regardless if it bothers them or not? There is maybe 1% shift in color on my iPhone X, maybe. It is flawless. I’ve had the older pixel, Samsungs, and even LGs with no color shift. Google is lucky they sold as much units as they did. It’s really a shame because the device could have been really amazing.

I'd rather spend $850 and deal with something I don't notice and enjoy everything I do noticethan ever ever deal with iOS and its flaws. Android is not perfect but to me it's a world better than iOS.

If I spent $850 on an iPhone 8 plus with absolutely zero color shift and I'd feel like an ***** and not forgive myself after I passed the return period.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather spend $850 and deal with something I don't notice and enjoy everything I do noticethan ever ever deal with iOS and its flaws. Android is not perfect but to me it's a world better than iOS.

If I spent $850 on an iPhone 8 plus with absolutely zero color shift and I'd feel like an ***** and not forgive myself after I passed the return period.

Well that's fine, iOS just isn't for you. For me to leave iOS and make the switch to Android I would only go with a pixel for obvious software reasons. I'm not going to compromise for a not so perfect at all screen that has known issues. I also won't get it's baby brother due to the horrific bezels and 16:9 aspect ratio. Just my opinion. Maybe this fall google can get it right, hey 3rd times a charm right?!

DesertTwang

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
How does one become so upset over a blue tint in the screen when it's held at a certain angle that they return their device? I also notice blue tint at an extreme angle. Do I read my phone like that..? No. Is the blue tint viewable from straight on? No. To reach their own.. I wouldn't give up this camera and fluidity for anything though. I do miss the headphone jack...
Exactly. Plus, if a blue tint on an electronic device causes involuntary bowel movements in some people, I wonder what happens should they ever come across anything that's ACTUALLY scary?

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I thought I'd post this since it's been an interesting find.

My Note8 has a subtle red shift off axis. It's not as noticeable as the blue shift on some of the bad Pixel 2 XL batches but it's definitely there.
That can be fixed in the display settings.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to replace my original Pixel 2 XL 128 because of a fingerprint reader failure. The screen on my replacement has a very minimal blue cast at extreme angles and when placed side-by-side I couldn't tell the difference in the screens. I'm quite happy with my Pixel 2 XL and for me the blue cast is a total non-issue.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The two units I went through had very bad blue shift. It didn't really bother me until I saw my friends unit that had almost no blue shift. Then I thought to myself, why accept a loser in the panel lottery? Obviously they are capable of making them with little to no blue shift. I suppose if I had not seen a good one, I'd not have gotten so upset about mine being bad but it made me re-think my stance on it.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
This would drive me nuts. I pre-ordered an S8+ and got one with a very slight pink tint along the edges. I waited on the "fix" thinking it would make it perfect. It didn't. I never could love that phone. I ended up trading it in early at AT&T and paying a few payments to get an iPhone X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa