Blue tint on screen

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh I've never had a phone replaced due to blue tint lol, mine were always acceptable for me. I'm just trying to see if the screens have gotten better

My Pixel 2 XL is perfectly acceptable to me too. I wouldn't give it up. I just meant to say that when the Pixel 3 XL is introduced, I'll be first in line to get it. After all this hullabaloo, you can be sure the Pixel 3 XL screen will be second to none! :)

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
why spend money on a product that's obviously not good.. a screen with blue tint isn't awesome at all. I returned mine the second I saw it, and was highly disappointed. what a waste of beauty

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel 2 XL is perfectly acceptable to me too. I wouldn't give it up. I just meant to say that when the Pixel 3 XL is introduced, I'll be first in line to get it. After all this hullabaloo, you can be sure the Pixel 3 XL screen will be second to none! :)

I agree with you. I can't wait to see what Google does next. I'm the most excited for Google and LG this year!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Because not all copies of the 2XL have a severe issue.

Yes. I agree with you, a hundred percent. There are some devices on the other side of the blue shift spectrum that are *quite* blue; but to be honest, based on real-life conversations with people I know who own a 2 XL and browsing through these forums, I see more people with phones that do not have a severe issue than those that do. Not saying those cases do not exist - but I think the majority of users are enjoying the experience.

Plus, now people are checking other phones from other manufacturers to see if they too have some kind of shift; and they're realizing, for the first time, that some do. I wonder how many would notice the subtle blue shift on their phones had the media not reported anything? As someone who studied social sciences in university, these kinds of things intrigue me. The media conditions us to react and respond; as do other users.