Pixel 2 - India... Looking for my old folders after freeing up space !!!!!!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey People....

I have recently bought a pixel 2 - 64gb here in MUMBAI - INDIA, and recently used the "free up space" feature to obviously free up space on my device now there are two issues....

1. I thought after clicking on free up space it will give me an option of folders to keep and remove from the phone but it didnt.....

2. Now some very important old device folders have gone missing and i cant seem to find them in google photos..... Is there a way to locate those folders..... those were folders which had some important pics plus docs etc which u need to keep handy anytime.... Scrolling back all the way might be tedious and ridiculous and one might not even remember the date of those pics and docs to go back and find them. So what does one do ???

IF GOOGLE DOESNT HAVE A FIX FOR THIS THE IT IS HUGE GLITCH THAT NEEDS TO BE RECTIFIED ASAP.

Kindly help as those folders are very important.

Any help would be great....

Thanx

Jigs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about the Free Up Space option in the System Settings>Storage menu, or the Free Up Space option in the Google Photos app's settings? The former does ask you to select which items you want to remove. And Google Photos will only delete locally saved photos that have already been backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud.

JugzJoshi

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
hello...

Thanx for the reply.... i guess i freed up space via google photos and now my folders which were made in gallery app are all gone.... Gallery app is the most commonly used photo app on android and google photos has to come to the fore only recently and so i assume there is no way to get those folders..... My bad....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that you lost the folders! Personally, I find that Google Photos does everything I want a gallery app to do. It's easy to create albums within Google Photos (but unfortunately, albums you created using your stock Gallery on the phone don't get duplicated in Google Photos in the cloud when the photos backup).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch