what made you choose the 2 over the 1?

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to post so much guys. And I know I'm posting on the Pixel 2 forum, so I know what I expect to hear.. you all prefer the 2 over the 1.
But what made you choose the 2 over the 1? This will be my biggest obstacle when switching over. One is cheaper and has a headphone jack and is just as fast and good at photos, while the other is more future proof and a step forward. Speakers I know are vastly different too.
How different are they in your experience?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: One more question..

I absolutely LOVED my 1st gen Pixel. It's a great device. If I didn't decide to buy the 2nd gen last October, I'm completely confident I'd still be happy today as I was a year ago.

If I was a buyer today new to the Pixel line, I'd definitely be considering a 1st gen because of the price point if nothing else.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't go with the Pixel 1 simply because it's almost two years old and I don't buy anything older than a year. If you couldn't find a brand new in box one, I wouldn't risk it.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I picked the Pixel 2 for dual front speakers, 64 GB storage (need more than 32 but not 128), better water resistance, active edge and more software and security updates. Also like how the Pixel 2 has much less glass on the back than the OG Pixel.

Last edited:

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I would strongly advise against purchasing a Pixel or Pixel XL unless you are able to find and purchase a brand new one from an authorized seller so that it will have a full warranty. Even then, I would advise you to purchase insurance.

I would definitely avoid a refurbished phone as the warranty would be shorter, and I would certainly advise against purchasing a used phone with no warranty at all.

That being said, I would probably just opt for a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL. :D

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I would strongly advise against purchasing a Pixel or Pixel XL unless you are able to find and purchase a brand new one from an authorized seller so that it will have a full warranty. Even then, I would advise you to purchase insurance.

I would definitely avoid a refurbished phone as the warranty would be shorter, and I would certainly advise against purchasing a used phone with no warranty at all.

That being said, I would probably just opt for a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL. :D

What about the protection plan Google offers? Not worth it?

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What about the protection plan Google offers? Not worth it?

I think Google's Preferred Care protection plan for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL is well worth it and it covers 30 months.

The Pixel and Pixel XL have a one year warranty, and insurance can provide an additional year. I absolutely would not touch a Pixel or Pixel XL with the proverbial 10 foot pole without a warranty AND insurance.

In the interest of full disclosure, I own both a Pixel XL and a Pixel 2 XL, both of which were purchased brand new, along with insurance coverage, from the Google Store. Both phones have served me well and continue to do so.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the Nexus 6P with the battery issue so it was only in September, Google replaced it with a Pixel XL. Then when they came out with the Pixel 2's, they offered me $400 trade-in and 3 years of updates and I was sold.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I actually have both the OG Pixel (sailfish) and the Pixel 2 XL Panda ,using on two different lines. The main reason I got the PIxel 2 XL was to replace the phone I had on the other line.Also cause I knew I would love the Pixel 2 XL before buying.
I purchased them both new,, the year each phone was released(launching day) from the Google Store.

Both of the phones do what I need them to do great.I do like the dual speakers ,less bezel, squeeze for GA,and a bigger screen at times over the smaller Pixel
As far as headphones go I purchased a better set off BT headphones and just use those on whichever phone I have with me at the time. So I no longer use the headphone jack on the OG Pixel.
As far as which one to go with , I probably would go with the Pixel 2 at this time
There's nothing wrong with the OG Pixel , I would want a new one though.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I could have gotten the OG Pixel XL as it was still available new from Google when I got my 2 but the improvements in the chipset swayed me to go with the 2. Octa-core vs quad core, the ISP is better, etc. Not that the 821 in the Pixel XL isn't good but if I keep this for two years it's a little more up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii