July security update

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I just checked for the system update on my Pixel 2 XL with Verizon, and it's downloading and installing now. Maybe the folks at VZW who are responsible for transmitting these simply took a long Fourth of July weekend. ;>)

Cesar Veliz

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Seems like a momentary thing. I was watching a video. Got the alert to update, I updated and couldn't use it for approx 30 min. I was chatting with support. We couldn't get it to go. A few minutes after the chat. It started working again.

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL on Verizon received the July update? I have a Pixel 2 XL on Verizon that I purchased in March, and since then I've been among the first to receive the monthly updates. This time, however, it appears that delivery of the update to my phone is delayed. Just speculating here, but is it possible that Verizon is taking longer than other service providers to pass along this particular update to its subscribers?
Got mine last night

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL on Verizon received the July update? I have a Pixel 2 XL on Verizon that I purchased in March, and since then I've been among the first to receive the monthly updates. This time, however, it appears that delivery of the update to my phone is delayed. Just speculating here, but is it possible that Verizon is taking longer than other service providers to pass along this particular update to its subscribers?

I'm on Verizon. I got my update last night 7/9 although it's dated 7/5.
I have the 2XL.
So far no issues with any apps or performance.

ssvegeta96

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
the white screen flashing im talking about occurs right after i turn off the display with the powerbutton. although i just did it several times and didnt flash once

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Droid Life ran a story saying that the check for updates button was not working, but was corrected as of yesterday (just reading it over on XDA).

That said, still no update for me and I have been hitting the button 4-5 times a day. I always get it the day of (except the two times I sideloaded).

My wife with her Pixel 2 got it on our carrier days ago.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the white screen flashing im talking about occurs right after i turn off the display with the powerbutton. although i just did it several times and didnt flash once

I had that happen way back slightly after it was first released but at the time it was believed to be a hardware defect. I tried a factory reset like many had and at first it seemed to lessen. Myself and many others got ours exchanged and it resolved the problem. The new model I received was on the same software and update. Ironically mine stopped doing it just before it went back. Based on my experience and that of others it seemed to be a hardware issue. Of course your situation may be different but you're the first one I'm hearing of in a long time. If you haven't done so already contact Google support chat through your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty