July security update

LifeInAnalog

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
..there was a monthly update awhile ago that I couldn't get until someone suggested I go on the Play Services beta. After I did that I got the update..now I'm wondering if I'll get the July update if I deactivate the beta and go back to the norm..?

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
..there was a monthly update awhile ago that I couldn't get until someone suggested I go on the Play Services beta. After I did that I got the update..now I'm wondering if I'll get the July update if I deactivate the beta and go back to the norm..?

I was on the beta. Might be worth a try.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
How long does it take to show up? I purchased a new Pixel 2 XL yesterday and it updated up through the May 2018 security patch. It hasn't been able to pull the July 2018 patch yet and it seems...weird.

LifeInAnalog

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
..well that was weird. I had previously uninstalled the Google Play Services Beta to see if that would help trigger the July update, which it didn't..then just now I re-enlisted into the beta program, and checked my update status..and it says I'm up to date..on the JULY 5th patch. I don't know how that happened. My Pixel always asks me before it installs anything.
Whatever. I'm officially out of the Junies :)
My advice to anyone stuck, maybe try what I did..enroll, or un-enroll then re-enroll in the Play Services beta, it might be the trigger.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
..well that was weird. I had previously uninstalled the Google Play Services Beta to see if that would help trigger the July update, which it didn't..then just now I re-enlisted into the beta program, and checked my update status..and it says I'm up to date..on the JULY 5th patch. I don't know how that happened. My Pixel always asks me before it installs anything.
Whatever. I'm officially out of the Junies :)
My advice to anyone stuck, maybe try what I did..enroll, or un-enroll then re-enroll in the Play Services beta, it might be the trigger.

Come get Android P!!

taz chars

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
Still no update in UK in EE provider. I have choosed the Pixel 2XL because of the seamless updates and there is still nothing. I have been using 5his phone since the beginning but I have never received the update in time. It is a bit strange for me who came from IOS where everyone received the update at the same time.
🤔

hi im on EE in uk here as well.whats is your last security update please?im still on may and a bit frustrated..is a carrier issue i spoke with google support...i got an iphone as well always have em str8 away the updates...

taz chars

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
i have and is up to the carrier to push it apparently..they told me to clear the google services and framework and try to take sim out n update..nothing worked...i might try another sim to push the update from the another carrier....UK ee HERE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty1