July security update

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the update on my Pixel 2 XL on July 2nd, but the really big surprise for me was when my husband's 5X got it yesterday, July 9th.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get mine, so I went to Settings and forced it - but it failed 3 times. (I'm running Magisk - which I took out properly for an update - and TWRP, which may have caused the problem, so I just downloaded the factory image, used Deuces to flash it and it's all good.) I may be seeing a bit longer time between charges, but if I am, it's really too small to notice. Otherwise everything (including Magisk and Android Pay) is working.

LifeInAnalog

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting lol. But I'm going to be annoying and use Google support chat in the phone settings to ask where my update is. I'll let you know how it goes lol

thanks! ..give 'em hell from all of us Junies!
I'm almost scared to turn on my phone, I feel so insecure in my outdated security :)

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
thanks! ..give 'em hell from all of us Junies!
I'm almost scared to turn on my phone, I feel so insecure in my outdated security :)

Junies...I like it! It's like a club.

Got the standard "your carrier is rolling it out in batches." Kinda what I expected lol

I might start blog and call it "Waiting For Google".

LifeInAnalog

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Google Fi and I'm getting updates as soon as they're released. No batching with Fi?

I wish it was easier for us Canucks to sign up for Fi, but unfortunately we have to do the whole, "sign in with an American address," thing..I'd love to get out from the thumb of our Canadian carriers..and more under Google's thumb lol..

LifeInAnalog

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
..the phone just suddenly started downloading "Play Support Libraries!"

This has got to be something that needed to be done for the July update..! Woot!

(excitedly pushes "check for update")

...nope. :(

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Hey, just got off the chat with Google support. They said the update should be coming anytime, just keep the phone "turned on" and "connected to internet" .... So helpful..

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey, just got off the chat with Google support. They said the update should be coming anytime, just keep the phone "turned on" and "connected to internet" .... So helpful..

Told me the same thing too.

I finally broke down and after waiting all these days to see when the July update will come, now I'm installing a July update...as part of Android P beta lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87